Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #1241
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahirah is tired herself, a bit frustrated, a bit guilty about Glen, and feels like she's failed Khalid. It's a bit hard to hide it all with her scars visible right now.
And he sees it. For a moment he didn't see the scars or the angelic form--for a moment he saw a person with her scars on the outside, albeit literally. His mind focuses again and he remembers what he's looking at, and then chooses to overlook it.

"Come here." he opens his arms to her without flirtation, hoping she'll come sit on his lap and accept his comfort. "We are cruel because we are one-eyed men, seeing only a little and coveting more. And I've made you suffer and doubt for that, and I am truly sorry." He will cover her up with his jacket and his arms if she'll let him.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #1242
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"You'll forgive me if I take a nap?" Ryuki asks, settling into the chair. "At best Sunae will be an hour and a half getting back here even if the others pop through. And it's been a wild evening on top of a long week."

He looks to Glen and points to the three hogtied demons with his eyes. Then he rests his head and takes a long gaze at Zahirah, trying to read her.

((alexondria--No particular funky powers involved here, just a tired and relaxed guy whose fascinated by women and angels, watching her. Perception is four, which would explain the occasional "duh" moments dulled further by a most eventful evening. If she's hiding it, he won't catch it now. If she's projecting it, he'll catch that. Unless it makes better story otherwise--I'll leave that up to you.))
Glen catches his glance and shrugs. "I admit, that was a bit of an impulse, but hey, now I have something handy to practice that new banishing on, right? You rest, I've got plenty to keep me occupied for the moment." He waves vaguely at the demons, jars, and notes.

Quote:

"Come here." he opens his arms to her without flirtation, hoping she'll come sit on his lap and accept his comfort. "We are cruel because we are one-eyed men, seeing only a little and coveting more. And I've made you suffer and doubt for that, and I am truly sorry." He will cover her up with his jacket and his arms if she'll let him.
Glen looks vaguely uncomfortable, and busies himself with the notes that he and Ryuki were working on.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #1243
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Suddenly the words and the attitude hit Kane.

Andre? Wait a minute. They think ... we're with the Pimp?

His laugh becomes more good-natured, the practical joker who's pulled one over on a mark. The smile grows bigger. And possibly, from an outside point of view, a bit lascivious.

"Oops. Guess I lost 'em after all. 'Mazin' what happens when you're havin' fun ..."
Are you SERIOUS??

Her body is covered by so many tattoos, it looks like she is wearing a very form fitting bodysuit, at first glance, so she was not worried about attracting anymore unwanted attention.

Sunae had no trouble sneaking out the back way, and years of practice allowed her to get behind the first 'officer'. In their mirth they weren't paying attention, just what she was hoping for.

Now all she needed to do is wait for the right moment

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 03-21-2012 at 09:34 AM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #1244
alexondria

Zahirah would look torn a bit at Ryuki's offer. Finally she does move over and do as he's requested. It's very hard to tell to those looking though if it's just that she does want the comfort or if she's trying to tell him that he's not to blame and comfort him as much as he's trying to comfort her.

(why do I have a feeling that this is going to lead to trouble?)
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #1245
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahirah would look torn a bit at Ryuki's offer. Finally she does move over and do as he's requested. It's very hard to tell to those looking though if it's just that she does want the comfort or if she's trying to tell him that he's not to blame and comfort him as much as he's trying to comfort her.
And after covering her as best he can, Ryuki pulls her head to his chest so he can whisper in her ear. "I am a selfish creature, that 'egotistical jack--', but I have learned how to love, and by loving another I am saved." He holds Zahirah protectively and then quietly nods off to a nap.

After a few minutes Dignity steps out of the shadows, holding a finger up to ask for quiet. She tiptoes over to Zahirah and speaks most quietly. "No Disturbances, no loud noises, but otherwise he won't wake up if you want to get up."

She walks over to Glen and sits close enough to have a quiet conversation, close enough to see his notes and toys. Of course she's curious. "You have some questions?"
Old 03-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #1246
alexondria

Zahirah would squeeze his hand softly as he talks to her- an obviously encouraging gesture. Then when Dignity comes over she would uncurl from under the blanket- it's not like Angels really nap anyway.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #1247
Dalillama

Quote:

She walks over to Glen and sits close enough to have a quiet conversation, close enough to see his notes and toys. Of course she's curious. "You have some questions?"
"No, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Here in a little while I'll be ready to practice." He looks up and actually pays attention to her. "Oh, it's you. The other one was trying to tell me something about you lot having rules I have to follow or you'll kill me, so what's up with that? She said Ryuki was doing it right, but I'm completely lost on what he's doing different from me. Aside from this, of course," he waves the spell notes Ryuki gave him, "and I don't think that's what she meant."
Old 03-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #1248
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Suddenly the words and the attitude hit Kane.

Andre? Wait a minute. They think ... we're with the Pimp?

His laugh becomes more good-natured, the practical joker who's pulled one over on a mark. The smile grows bigger. And possibly, from an outside point of view, a bit lascivious.

"Oops. Guess I lost 'em after all. 'Mazin' what happens when you're havin' fun ..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Are you SERIOUS??
Now all she needed to do is wait for the right moment
The officers are still laughing, though Simon locks his piece back into its holster. Damn.
"Alright alright guys," Shaw breaks up the gigglefest. "Here's the deal. We've got a geas to get some sort of tribute from the two big boys here, and it's strongly suggested to use your clothes for that. You know geasa--we have to bring her something that will make her happy, and while I know you Lusties would like to make her life miserable, you'd just be making Simon's and mine miserable. So--what can you give us?"

Ruby screams powerlessly out of their phone for a second, then gives up and hangs up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
"No, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Here in a little while I'll be ready to practice." He looks up and actually pays attention to her. "Oh, it's you. The other one was trying to tell me something about you lot having rules I have to follow or you'll kill me, so what's up with that? She said Ryuki was doing it right, but I'm completely lost on what he's doing different from me. Aside from this, of course," he waves the spell notes Ryuki gave him, "and I don't think that's what she meant."

"Hmmm, how to put this?" It's clear she's not the warmest person you'll ever meet. "We're at war with selfishness incarnate. A demon wants to gratify himself and damn the rest of the world--literally in the end. And we angels, we're a collective, and we work to save humans from demons.

"Sorcerers are almost without exception on contracts to demons. Sold your souls, most of you, so that even if you see the light you're probably going to Hell. While it's not nice to send you there early, it beats letting you drag more people down with you. Or ruining lives, or getting some angel torn apart. Pre-emptive strike.

"Now rumor has it that he," she points to Ryuki, "has no contract. He wouldn't be the first--they're rare but they're out there. Trouble is that, as he said himself, in order to do sorcery he has to believe that he, singular, has the right to tell the Universe what to do. Selfishness incarnate, well-rewarded beyond a demon's wildest dreams. To stay out of Hell he's got to stop doing sorcery, forever, no exceptions. Not even to save a life. It's crack and he has to quit cold turkey, or he'll remember that feeling of being king of the Universe. So that same feeling he finds so damned useful? It's dragging him to Hell. Normally we'd send him there early so he doesn't drag others, but certain powerful angels are asking us to hold off for reasons they won't discuss.

"Apparently that extends to you, for the moment."
Old 03-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #1249
Dalillama

Quote:

"Hmmm, how to put this?" It's clear she's not the warmest person you'll ever meet. "We're at war with selfishness incarnate. A demon wants to gratify himself and damn the rest of the world--literally in the end. And we angels, we're a collective, and we work to save humans from demons.
... It's crack and he has to quit cold turkey, or he'll remember that feeling of being king of the Universe. So that same feeling he finds so damned useful? It's dragging him to Hell. Normally we'd send him there early so he doesn't drag others, but certain powerful angels are asking us to hold off for reasons they won't discuss.

"Apparently that extends to you, for the moment."
"So what you're claiming is that the skill of driving demons forth from this realm is, in fact, playing right into their hands. I'm sorry, good spirit, but you make no more sense than your compatriot. This is the world of men, and it is therefore only meet that men should rule it. I am no more the king of the Universe than any other man or woman, only the king of myself, and that is enough. It is enough to give me the right to command and summon and dismiss beings of the lesser Realms, and with the right, the ability. "
Old 03-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #1250
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
"So what you're claiming is that the skill of driving demons forth from this realm is, in fact, playing right into their hands. I'm sorry, good spirit, but you make no more sense than your compatriot. This is the world of men, and it is therefore only meet that men should rule it. I am no more the king of the Universe than any other man or woman, only the king of myself, and that is enough. It is enough to give me the right to command and summon and dismiss beings of the lesser Realms, and with the right, the ability. "
"Lesser realm?" She's heard it enough to be amused, not stung. "Then why do you spend your immortality there? And if you were right about being only king of yourself, there'd be no use for exorcists, who would not be able to work at all. You rule only yourself, and that rule extends only to the tips of your hands. And you and he haven't studied and practiced just to slap a demon in the face."
She is enjoying the calm banter, and is confident of victory and the worldview that underpins it.
"But yes, even banishing them plays into their hands. It's just a setback to them, where you are feeding an addiction to power. Try to tell me that isn't evil."

Tags
in nomine