Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #391
Pesterfield

Default Re: [IC] You Meet In A Tavern

While they rested Corwin continued to question the prisoner. "The trail you mentioned, does it lead to the fort or tunnel?"

ooc: We can move on once the prisoner says how to get to the tunnel.
Pesterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #392
shawnhcorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesterfield View Post
While they rested Corwin continued to question the prisoner. "The trail you mentioned, does it lead to the fort or tunnel?"
He answers, "It leads to the tunnel. Can I have some food?"
Old 03-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #393
Cyratos

After having rested, Gidhean stands up, stretches a bit, blinks rapidly a couple of times, takes a really deep breath, snaps his fingers, cracks his neck a bit, shakes himself, jumps two times in place, huffs, clears his throat and says:

"Well, I believe I'm ready to dazzle again! What needs to be done, fellas?!"

He sounds unnaturally cheery.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #394
Pesterfield

"Now that we know where the tunnel entrance is I'd say the best course of action is heading straight there."

"Gidhean, could you make a hole so we can throw the bodies in and then cover it up? I'd like to leave them out for the birds, but it would give the camp away when we might need it later."
Old 03-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #395
Cyratos

Gidhean finds a good spot, with a lot of space for him to handle this. He puts his hands on the earth beneath him, and concentrates.

(ooc: Rolled 16 of required 12, spell fizzles.)

Nothing happens, just a sound of sparks is heard. Gidhean gets confused a bit, and does the whole thing again. He lays his hands down, and concentrates.

(ooc: Rolled 15 of required 12. God damn it.)

Again nothing, happens. Gidhean gets an angry look in his face, looks at his hands, puts them on the Earth, and now loudly says:

"Shape Earth!"

(ooc: Rolled 14, of required 12. Wtf?!)

Again, nothing happens. Gidhean is now furious, and cannot believe his eyes. He stands up, furiously points to the earth and says:

"SHAPE! EARTH!"

(ooc: Rolled 13, of required 12. That's it, I give up.)

Gidhean stands still. Four times in a row, nothing but the sound of sparks has been heard. This never ever happened to him as a wizard. He starts to doubt whether this is the no-mana area. He keeps staring at the place where he wanted to create the hole and turns to the group.

"Guys. I believe I'll need a shovel."
Old 03-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #396
shawnhcorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyratos View Post
Gidhean finds a good spot, with a lot of space for him to handle this. He puts his hands on the earth beneath him, and concentrates.
Xith cocks his head and looks at the wizard.

Quote:
Nothing happens, just a sound of sparks is heard. Gidhean gets confused a bit, and does the whole thing again. He lays his hands down, and concentrates.
Xith crackles quietly.

Quote:
Again nothing, happens. Gidhean gets an angry look in his face, looks at his hands, puts them on the Earth, and now loudly says:

"Shape Earth!"
The crackling gets louder.

Quote:
Again, nothing happens. Gidhean is now furious, and cannot believe his eyes. He stands up, furiously points to the earth and says:

"SHAPE! EARTH!"
Xith is laughing so hard he's having a hard time standing. He falls on the ground, rolling around laughing.

Quote:
Gidhean stands still. Four times in a row, nothing but the sound of sparks has been heard. This never ever happened to him as a wizard. He starts to doubt whether this is the no-mana area. He keeps staring at the place where he wanted to create the hole and turns to the group.

"Guys. I believe I'll need a shovel."
Xith loses himself and spends the next 10 minutes laughing.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #397
Pesterfield

The bird had broken the floodgate. Corwin had tried to keep control of himself, but seeing the wizard's familiar act that way just led him into open laughter.

"Sorry, Sir Faerix." He'd slipped into calling the mage by his first name, but after laughing at a wizard some respect was probable called for to balance it.

"Can we do anything to aid your spellcasting?"
Old 03-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #398
yufra

Janus chortles with laughter as well, and says "And I really thought that the last time the magic would be fourthcoming. Fourth-coming, hahahahaha..."
yufra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #399
younglorax

Slade laughs along with the others, then turns to the wixard and gives him a heavy slap on the back. "Looks like all our resting was for naught! But no fear, if I don't fail as bad as you did, I should be able to help out."

He places a hand on Gidhean's shoulder and says a few words in an obscure language.

OOC: Lend Energy.. failed.

"Haha! Looks like I can't pull it off, either! Anyone got a shovel?"
younglorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #400
Cyratos

Gidhean now also joins the laughter, obviously forgetting the fails he has gone through in these couple of minutes.

"Well, things like this happen. Yes, looks like we'll need a shovel. When it doesn't want to be cast, it DOESN'T want to be cast."

Gidhean looks at Xith, who is till out of control due to its laughter. He waves his hand and looks for something he could use for digging.

Tags
dungeon, fantasy, magic, play by post, rpg