Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Resources

Old 03-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #71
gmjasongurps

Default Re: GURPS Websites: Blogs, Wikis, Feeds . . .

Not sure why I haven't posted my blog here yet, so here it is.

Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (by Jason Woollard) Dark Paths and Wandered Roads is a GURPS campaigns blogspot. It tracks the progress of the 4 different campaigns I GM:
1) Dark Paths of Riddleport - Following the adventures of a crew of heroes and rogues, from the streets of the pirate city of Riddleport to the ancient Elven forests of Mireani. This is a Pathfinder Adventure Path to GURPS conversion. We play (supposedly) every other week online using Roll20 and supplement with play by post style between sessions.

2) Wandered Roads of Varisia - This campaign follows a band of heroes from a small town as they investigate mysteries, murders and ancient ruins. This is also a Pathfinder AP to GURPS conversion. We play face to face monthly or thereabouts with some play by post in-between sessions to keep the campaign fresh.

3) GURPS Star Frontiers - This is a slow moving play by post (with some Roll20) campaign following two characters (both played by ArneJ) as we work through some Star Frontiers to GURPS conversions. Mostly done as play by post with some forays into Roll20 for combat scenes.

4) Grand Duchy of Adventure - This is my newest campaign, set in the Known World of Mystara (of old BECMI DnD fame) and following a group of fledgling adventurers. Going for a bit grittier, more sandbox flavor with this one. Game play is done with Roll20 every other week and heavy play by post contributions in-between.
99.9% of all the posts are campaign session play reports, so this one would definitely be placed under the Campaign Specific section.

Thank you for compiling all of this!

Last edited by gmjasongurps; 03-02-2014 at 04:47 PM.
gmjasongurps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #72
chandley

Chandley's Stuff/Gurps has a collection of Animal templates, Dungeon Fantasy Races, and misc Transhuman Space stuff. Some have found it useful.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #73
Greg 1

Paradise City is a "cyberpunk" setting for GURPS 4th ed. This is "game" cyberpunk, firmly in the tradition of GURPS Cyberpunk, Cyberpunk 2020 and Shadowrun.

The setting includes custom weapon and cyberware tables that could be used in any GURPS game.

Last edited by Greg 1; 03-05-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Greg 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #74
Greg 1

The GURPS Magical Styles Fan Netbook is a collection of magical styles written by fans in accordance with the rules in GURPS Magical Styles.

While I started the netbook, it belongs to the community and you can go ahead and add your homebrewed styles without asking permission first.

Thirty-three magical styles so far and counting!
Old 03-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #75
Greg 1

Lineage

and

The Gift

are two distinct campaign settings in which the PCs play mages living secretly in the modern world. Both focus heavy on wizard politics and factionalism, though wizard PCs might get up to any sort of adventures.

In The Gift the power blocs in mage society have formed around different approaches to magic, with the Hermetic Council, the nature worshiping Circle, and the technophile Cooperative jostling for power while the independent orders refuse to bow to anyone. 31 orders of mage are described, 9 council, 5 Circle, 5 Cooperative, and and 12 Independent.

In Lineage power is concentrated in the great wizard families, ruling over humanity as magical aristocracy since ancient times and plotting against each other for control. Arrayed against them are the wizard orders of the Rebellion, fighting to protect humanity from the great mage houses and the forces of Hell. 27 orders of mage are described, 16 great houses and 11 orders of the Rebellion.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #76
Christopher R. Rice

Guys, please stick to the provide format, namely:

Quote:
  • Ravens N' Pennies (by Ghostdancer): A general blog for both my gaming and non-gaming interests. GURPS posts are tagged as such. Also includes game session recaps for my various campaigns and two reoccurring post themes: Triple Threat (statistics for various foes with write-ups for Monster Hunters, Dungeon Fantasy, and "generic" campaigns) and Gamemaster's Guidepost (various musings and advice on what it means to be a GURPS GM.
And keep it fairly short. I have a limited amount of space to work with so I can't have a post about every minutiae of your blog. Just a quick overview please.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #77
Captain Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
This thread is for websites related to GURPS. Whether it's blogs, wikis, pages devoted to a specific campaign, or anything in between - post them in this thread and I'll match them up in the headers of this post.
I have a rather (overly?) crunchy GURPS
original series Star Trek campaign website that includes species and Starfleet Academy templates, weapon and equipment stats, player mission blogs, and more.

I also make use of Unofficial GURPS UltraLite PreGens when I run con games. If you want the original iWorks pages files (or Word exports) of these to modify for your own purposes, just private message me.

Last edited by Captain Joy; 07-03-2021 at 08:52 AM. Reason: add Unofficial UltraLite PreGens link; grammar
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:51 AM   #78
tantric
Banned

I have some PDF's I've created with racial templates:

Satyrs - many different types of human/ungulate hybrids, tied to male sexual archetypes

Yokai - Japanese spooks and faeries

Shifters - Shifter races based on North American carnivores and omnivores

LittlePeople - Faerie races based on insects, arthropods, amphibians and small mammals
tantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:00 PM   #79
ham2anv

One Yard Hex (by ham2anv): A blog where I post the random gaming ideas, snippets, and rules that have accumulated on my hard drive over the years. Right now, it's pure GURPS, but I may put other stuff up as I dig it out.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #80
JMason

I've joined the blogging club...

Dice and Discourse - (by JMason) A gaming blog covering my GURPS campaign, thoughts on GMing, the TTRPG industry, and gaming in general.
JMason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blogs, gurps 4th edition, wikis