Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
VickyLynn

Default n00b one shot/specific card questions

Hi Guys,

I am fairly new to the Munchkin world and I am having some trouble looking up answers to a few questions about the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1. One Shot Items/cards. I am aware that you can lay down one shot items on the table that have a gold value to them and ones that dont have a value must be in your hand. Since those cards with value on them say Usable only once, does this mean that if you put it down on the table to avoid charity, you have to use it in your next fight and then discard it?
Also, if you can turn it sideways, can you activate it during a combat of your choice? and then is it discarded?

2. If you place a usable only once item on the table and turn it inactive (sideways) can you play this card on another players combat?

3. Curse Cards. The rules state that curse cards effect you immediately and some can stick around and have a continuing effect (like Chicken on Your Head). Are the cards that show loosing something (Loose the Headgear you are wearing, Loose the Footgear you are wearing) a one time only curse? or do they stick around until a wishing ring or something else removes them?

4. If you have a Super Munchkin card and two classes in play, and you get cursed to loose your class, do you have to loose both? or can you choose which class you loose?

Thanks guys for the help!!
VickyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: n00b one shot/specific card questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickyLynn View Post
Hi Guys,

I am fairly new to the Munchkin world and I am having some trouble looking up answers to a few questions about the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1. One Shot Items/cards. I am aware that you can lay down one shot items on the table that have a gold value to them and ones that dont have a value must be in your hand. Since those cards with value on them say Usable only once, does this mean that if you put it down on the table to avoid charity, you have to use it in your next fight and then discard it?
Also, if you can turn it sideways, can you activate it during a combat of your choice? and then is it discarded?

2. If you place a usable only once item on the table and turn it inactive (sideways) can you play this card on another players combat?
One-Shot Items can be used from the table or from your hand and you can leave them on the table as long as you like. When you want to use them, just pick it up and declare you are playing it. There is no need to turn one-shot Items sideways to indicate you aren't using them yet.

Quote:
3. Curse Cards. The rules state that curse cards effect you immediately and some can stick around and have a continuing effect (like Chicken on Your Head). Are the cards that show loosing something (Lose the Headgear you are wearing, Lose the Footgear you are wearing) a one time only curse? or do they stick around until a wishing ring or something else removes them?
All the cards with simple text like "Lose Your Footgear" and so only have an immediate effect. You follow that instruction and discard the curse. If the curse has a continuing effect, it will say in its text that it sticks around until a certain event or until it is cancelled.

Quote:
4. If you have a Super Munchkin card and two classes in play, and you get cursed to lose your class, do you have to lose both? or can you choose which class you lose?

Thanks guys for the help!!
Usually the curse will tell you on the card what happens when you have more than one Class. In fact, I think all curses clarify this, but there is some Bad Stuff which doesn't. If it doesn't clarify and it only states "Lose Your Class," then you lose all your Classes and your Super Munchkin card.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
VickyLynn

Default Re: n00b one shot/specific card questions

Thanks so much for the clarification!!
VickyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote