Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-14-2023, 07:06 AM   #211
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for years of near-daily entertainment and collaborative storytelling!
Your welcome. Its been fun, but its good to see it you enjoyed it too.

Quote:
Vassarious did come to Corcos from his last gig hunting demons and monsters after all...
oh, its totally a thing, I think it comes from the official angel template. Its just crazy how useful it is in this scenario.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:15 AM   #212
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Is there a nuance I'm missing you are looking for us to get? Did we establish we pretty much handled this encounter and didn't need to play-by-play it some time ago now?

We've established you can defend, and you can kill them slowly at 60 yards and quickly at 30 yards. We haven't established you can clear them out, which is very much about maneuver. I think they can survive being chased around the sub.

At stake is if they are able to call in reinforcements when Silestro runs out of energy.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 04-25-2023, 07:32 AM   #213
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I think we have to take the tandem attack off the table then... What is the sub's current speed? This is no good if Vassarious can't keep up with the sub.
Both the Sub and V are at 13 yards/sec. Slowing the sub down was suggested at one point.

Old 04-25-2023, 11:12 AM   #214
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Slowing the sub down was suggested at one point.
Yeah I thought about that last night. Even if the sub slows down I don't think they'll want to get closer and face the marines.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 10:52 PM   #215
the_matrix_walker

With difficult communication and the time it take Vassarious to change shape to re-board the sub if one slips by, I think it's better to stick to what I posted and keep halycone on the hull (or doing whatever they want seperately) so they can get back on the sub quickly if we're boarded while Vassarious makes back and forth strafes and pick them off.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 12:23 PM   #216
the_matrix_walker

I can edit the last IC post and say Vassarious takes on a form that can better communicate to discuss any plan refinements before going back out...

Quote:
ST30 means that no encumbrance requires being below 180 lbs... Halcyone is 220lbs (100 kg) , and is carrying at least 15 lbs of weaponry and I believe some nice armor as well. V's top speed will drop by 20%.
Would their buoyancy in the water help with that at all? How much overall ST would I have to trade to pick up a bit of lift ST to bring it to No Encumbrance?

Trading 4 points of Basic Move for 1 level of Enhanced Move Water would give basic move 12, top speed 24 or move 9, top speed 18 lightly encumbered.
Remove an Extra Arm and Immunity to Disease to buy off Invertebrate with 5 points left to use to customize seating and convenience's for Halcyone... One for a saddle/harness, one for a climbing line for a bit of freedom of movement.

Spoiler:  

-------------------

EDIT: Hid the last template version, Updated Post Follows:

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 05-01-2023 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2023, 02:30 PM   #217
the_matrix_walker

We could give Vassarious an external payload for BL and the first 180 lbs wouldn't count towards encumbrance instead of a saddle and line perks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Sea Monster Steed
ST +20
SM+2
360 Vision [25]
Appearance (Monstrous) [-20]
Bad Smell [-10]
Color Blindness [-10]
Doesn't Breathe (Gills) [0]
DR 10 (Cannot Wear Armor, -40%) [30]
Existing Arms (Extra Flexible, +50%) [10]
Extra Arms x3 (Extra Flexible, +50%) [45]
Enhanced Move, Water [20]
High Pain Threshold [10]
Illumination [1]
Injury Tolerance (No Eyes, No Head, No Neck) [17]
Move +6 [30]
Mute [-25]
Natural Attack [46]
Night Vision 7 [7]
No Legs (Aquatic) [0]
Payload 10 (External, -50%) [5]
Social Stigma, Monster [-15]
Weak Bite [-2]
This version will allow the duo to travel at move 24 with acceleration 12, which should be enough for the pair to better hunt these guys down, but we will likely need to get beyond the bubble so we will need those marines on the hull to stay vigilant!
Old 05-01-2023, 07:33 PM   #218
TGLS

Quote:
We could give Vassarious an external payload for BL and the first 180 lbs wouldn't count towards encumbrance instead of a saddle and line perks:

This version will allow the duo to travel at move 24 with acceleration 12, which should be enough for the pair to better hunt these guys down, but we will likely need to get beyond the bubble so we will need those marines on the hull to stay vigilant!
Yeah that's basically what I was planning to suggest.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 07:56 AM   #219
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I can edit the last IC post and say Vassarious takes on a form that can better communicate to discuss any plan refinements before going back out...
That's a good idea.

Quote:
Would their buoyancy in the water help with that at all? How much overall ST would I have to trade to pick up a bit of lift ST to bring it to No Encumbrance?
Boyancy isn't the issue here: its drag. Which I'm handwaving to be equal to weight, for now.

Quote:
Trading 4 points of Basic Move for 1 level of Enhanced Move Water would give basic move 12, top speed 24 or move 9, top speed 18 lightly encumbered.
This is the most questionable part...48 mph underwater is FAST. I'm going to allow it.

Quote:
Remove an Extra Arm and Immunity to Disease to buy off Invertebrate with 5 points left to use to customize seating and convenience's for Halcyone... One for a saddle/harness, one for a climbing line for a bit of freedom of movement.
Thanks for spelling out all the changes, it makes things much easier. Looks good.

Do you need to make some sort of roll to "construct" the creature?

Old 05-02-2023, 08:28 AM   #220
the_matrix_walker

He needs a Body Control -6 roll, so it took 5 tries... I'm fairly sure we said he didn't have penalties for repeated attempts...

If that's not the case we can ret-con the other rolls and I will take some extra time if that will help or burn a Wildcard point to turn the first fail into a success.