Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-04-2023, 01:01 PM   #181
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Corco's Villa

I'd like to keep the Move +10 then, to be able to keep up with the sub without a straight line full move.

Hmn, 360 Vision would make sense. I might have to drop the number of arms if I want to add it. Maybe I'll play with the template before Monday and see if I can squeeze it in.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:34 PM   #182
the_matrix_walker

Was playing with adding 360 vision and realized I didn't have monstery stuff on my sea monster, and that rifles at defaut are a bad idea, so I added a ranged option to the natural attack.

Here it is as a complete replacement racial package:
Spoiler:  

Bad Smell or Frightens Animals could be appropriate as well if you were not thrilled with something else or if we wanted to add in an extra attack...

I think the ranged version would be thrust, and swing would be for melee. If you don't want chitinous flechettes, in IC post aiming can be for three rifles.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 03-08-2023 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-06-2023, 08:04 AM   #183
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I was trying to visualize this thing over the weekend:

Simple
Aggressive
Side View

I'm not 100% happy with the result, but it gives a much better feel for what this monster looks like.

360 vision is fine.

If the ranged weapon does impaling rather than cutting its fine. Normally I'd require a limited number of projectiles... but shapeshifter!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 03-06-2023 at 08:08 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 09:22 AM   #184
the_matrix_walker

Very nice! Quite close to what I was imagining! Maybe a but of webbed muscle between the arms that can flex independently and help it with it's great speed.

Thank you for your efforts!

So if we want the chitinous flechettes to impale rather than cut, that's the more expensive attack form, so we have to change the base to impaling and add the cutting as an extra damage type... and we get:

Impaling Natural Attack
(Armor Divisor (2), +50%;
Extra Damage Type, Cutting, +20%;
Good Defense, +2 to Parry, +60%;
Increased Damage, +2 per Die, +120%;
Swing Capable, Cutting, +20%;
Ranged, +100%;
Ranged, Accurate +2, Acc 5, +10%;
Increased Range, 20X, +30%;
Rapid Fire, RoF 3, +50%;
Underwater, +20%) [47]

The template was 3 points under the dragon template, but this shifts it to four points over... How dark is it down here? Would Night Vision 5 cover the vision penalties if I reduced it (or Or Night Vision 4 and a bioluminescent perk)?
Old 03-06-2023, 12:28 PM   #185
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Very nice! Quite close to what I was imagining!
Really? I'm shocked. I flailed around shaping what it must look like based on the description. I'm happy its close! I'll have to build a world where this is a normal creature. Now who to send it at...

Quote:
The template was 3 points under the dragon template, but this shifts it to four points over... How dark is it down here? Would Night Vision 5 cover the vision penalties if I reduced it (or Or Night Vision 4 and a bioluminescent perk)?
The darkness is pretty black down here, at least normally (-7?). I'm assuming the emperor's vessel has turned on spotlights for the fight. A bioluminescent perk is fine: its a variant on accessory.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-06-2023, 07:43 PM   #186
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Really? I'm shocked. I flailed around shaping what it must look like based on the description. I'm happy its close! I'll have to build a world where this is a normal creature. Now who to send it at...
I saw it as a bit more disk like until it stretched out from a muscled web-like layer, but your rendering is fantastic and could be a cousin.

Quote:
The darkness is pretty black down here, at least normally (-7?). I'm assuming the emperor's vessel has turned on spotlights for the fight. A bioluminescent perk is fine: its a variant on accessory.
Come to think of it, that might do them more good than me....

Let's take Dark Vision 9 out, add Color Blindness [-10], and Bad Smell [-10] and give it Dark Vision [25] so it can be from the true deep... and maybe the real ones do have pressure support....

Or we can just give him "weak bite [-2]" to cover Dark vision 7

__________________________________________________ ____________

From the IC:
Quote:
We are in combat time, the Demons are moving towards the submarine at an effective speed of 3/yards per second, and are 67 yards away. Do you have any actions for those first 10 seconds?
Vassarious must wait two seconds until the shark-beast comes into their 1/2 damage range at 60 yards.

On the third and successive rounds Vassarious will use Dual Weapon Attack / Throwing Art attacks.

The range penalty is -9 until they get closer than 50.. does the shark shaped one have a size modifier to consider?

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 03-07-2023 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-07-2023, 07:22 AM   #187
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

[QUOTE=the_matrix_walker;2472564]I saw it as a bit more disk like until it stretched out from a muscled web-like layer, but your rendering is fantastic and could be a cousin.[quote]
I figured that would slow it down in the water...

Quote:
Or we can just give him "weak bite [-2]" to cover Dark vision 7
Lets take this one.

Quote:
The range penalty is -9 until they get closer than 50.. does the shark shaped one have a size modifier to consider?
Yes. They all do. I should specify that. The shark, Squid, and Eel are SM+3. The dragon is SM+2.

[QUOTE=TGLS;2472508]Well surely if Halcyone can grab three people at once she can grab three clips at once. And if not I guess we're going to have to figure out the price of Extra Ready]
Fast-draw (ammo) should cover grabbing and loading three clips at once.

Quote:
I'll target the dragon (not V) arbitrarily.
Remember, only you can prevent friendly fire.

Old 03-07-2023, 08:05 PM   #188
TGLS

Quote:
Fast-draw (ammo) should cover grabbing and loading three clips at once.
Noted. Can I spend a point on it right now?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 08:40 PM   #189
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
I figured that would slow it down in the water...
No, as movement would follow it's plane and essentially be a skirt like swimming muscle

Quote:
Lets take this one.
Except... oops. I missed Bad Grip and Horizontal when I was transferring the template, so I guess I need to add -20 in disadvantages to balance it anyway...

Quote:
Yes. They all do. I should specify that. The shark, Squid, and Eel are SM+3. The dragon is SM+2.
Ok, thanks! Now I can figure effective skill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well surely if Halcyone can grab three people at once she can grab three clips at once. And if not I guess we're going to have to figure out the price of Extra Ready]
It has been speculated upon....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Note that if somebody really wanted Extra Ready in my campaign, I'd probably allow it for the same price as Extra Attack. However, it would not be the same thing . . . you'd need to take them separately.
Old 03-08-2023, 07:28 AM   #190
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Noted. Can I spend a point on it right now?
Yes. It feels like something she would have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
No, as movement would follow it's plane and essentially be a skirt like swimming muscle
You see it moving in its plane? That changes how I see it moving by a lot...

Quote:
Except... oops. I missed Bad Grip and Horizontal when I was transferring the template, so I guess I need to add -20 in disadvantages to balance it anyway...
Please put everything in one spot. Bad grip, oh yeah. horizontal is weird on no-legs (semi-aquatic).