Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #601
Buzzardo

Default Re: Ogre Kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEVJockey View Post
While watching the numbers on the Kickstarter site I've noticed that the number of backers at times and certainly the pledge total have gone down and up. Today we hit $350K and then went below as a $100 backer dropped out, then we passed $350K again and once again fell, though this time we stayed above the stretch goal. From there on out, we've safely increased beyond the goal.
Were you able to tell if those people were withdrawing only to come back at a higher level (positive for SJG) or withdrawing to a lower level or leaving altogether (negative for SJG)?

We can't do anything about it either way, but it'd be interesting to know, perhaps as a lesson for the Car Wars Kickstarter project. :-)
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #602
D351

Quote:
2,579 units have been pre-ordered.

The last 24 hours increased the amount pledged by about $10.7K and increased the backer count by 68 to reach 2400 (Avg steady at 3 new backers per hour).

The $350K stretch goal was passed today. While watching the numbers on the Kickstarter site I've noticed that the number of backers at times and certainly the pledge total have gone down and up. Today we hit $350K and then went below as a $100 backer dropped out, then we passed $350K again and once again fell, though this time we stayed above the stretch goal. From there on out, we've safely increased beyond the goal.

The next stretch goal, $400K, will be passed with 294 new backers which will occur sometime on Saturday. The average pledge for the last few days has been steady at about $148.

Projecting through the next 10 days, total units pre-ordered will be 3,369 and pledges will be about $480K!
Sounds like SJ needs to get working on a 500k goal just in case. ;) And maybe announce 400k already.
D351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #603
GEVJockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
Were you able to tell if those people were withdrawing only to come back at a higher level (positive for SJG) or withdrawing to a lower level or leaving altogether (negative for SJG)?
Unfortunately, I didn't jump over to the backer tab to see who was coming in and out. There's a chance the pledge that was added was for $150, though I didn't grab the numbers.

I'm not sure what happens if someone changes their pledge, do they drop out and then back into the count? I'd think that Kickstarter would not drop the backer due to a pledge level change.

I noticed when you become a backer, Amazon.com charges your card $1 to make sure that it's a good card and then backs the charge out.

I may make a change to my pledge level soon and will be able to see the process. I'm considering adding $40 to my $150 pledge to get an additional counter sheet. I think I want more non-ogre units for big scenarios. Right now I have significantly more non-ogre miniature units than the new counter units that will be provided in the game. The possible downside of making the change is that I'm not sure if that moves me in the backer tab order. Right now I'm on the cusp of being in the first 100 and for some irrational reason don't want to go from the 3rd page to the 49th.
GEVJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #604
Buzzardo

Quote:
Unfortunately, I didn't jump over to the backer tab to see who was coming in and out. There's a chance the pledge that was added was for $150, though I didn't grab the numbers.

I'm not sure what happens if someone changes their pledge, do they drop out and then back into the count? I'd think that Kickstarter would not drop the backer due to a pledge level change.
I'm sure Kickstarter wouldn't change its backer count if someone changes their pledge level. However, I wouldn't surprised if someone didn't cancel altogether and start over. I often like to start from a clean slate and sometimes roll back things to get there.
Quote:
I noticed when you become a backer, Amazon.com charges your card $1 to make sure that it's a good card and then backs the charge out.

I may make a change to my pledge level soon and will be able to see the process. I'm considering adding $40 to my $150 pledge to get an additional counter sheet. I think I want more non-ogre units for big scenarios. Right now I have significantly more non-ogre miniature units than the new counter units that will be provided in the game. The possible downside of making the change is that I'm not sure if that moves me in the backer tab order. Right now I'm on the cusp of being in the first 100 and for some irrational reason don't want to go from the 3rd page to the 49th.
I'm waiting till the last couple of days to see what I want to add onto my two copies + swag (in at the $245 level). I'll probably add another bag and maybe counters. I suspect a lot of folks are doing the same. I suspect that existing backers stepping up to extras accounts for much of the uptick that Kickstarter projects see in their last couple days.
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #605
KevinR

Quote:
The possible downside of making the change is that I'm not sure if that moves me in the backer tab order. Right now I'm on the cusp of being in the first 100 and for some irrational reason don't want to go from the 3rd page to the 49th.
I'm still on page 5 after going from $100 to $150 a couple days ago, so your backer order doesn't seem to change. (Who can say "no" to an Ogre-sized bag?)

Last edited by KevinR; 04-30-2012 at 08:45 PM.
KevinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #606
GEVJockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
I'm still on page 5 after going from $100 to $150 a couple days ago, so your backer order doesn't seem to change. (Who can say "no" to an Ogre-sized bag?)
Thanks for the info. (You just cost me $40!)

Quote:
I'm sure Kickstarter wouldn't change its backer count if someone changes their pledge level. However, I wouldn't surprised if someone didn't cancel altogether and start over. I often like to start from a clean slate and sometimes roll back things to get there.
And that's a pretty good possibility, too. That's why I wish I watched the backer tab to see if I could see who left and who was later added.

Quote:
I'm waiting till the last couple of days to see what I want to add onto my two copies + swag (in at the $245 level). I'll probably add another bag and maybe counters. I suspect a lot of folks are doing the same. I suspect that existing backers stepping up to extras accounts for much of the uptick that Kickstarter projects see in their last couple days.
I'm certain that we'll see a surge at the end, I think there are a lot of people like you and I who will increase their pledges on the last day or so. My total projection is based on the 7 day moving average for backers and pledge amounts. Both those values will spike up in the last 24-48 hours. So while I'm projecting the number based on current trends (as opposed to taking a swag), it's not likely that this closes at less than half a mil.

Last edited by GEVJockey; 04-30-2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: betterer grammar
GEVJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #607
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
I suspect a lot of folks are doing the same. I suspect that existing backers stepping up to extras accounts for much of the uptick that Kickstarter projects see in their last couple days.
I know I put in at a minimum acceptable level first (representing the lowest I could live with if I couldn't pledge more), figuring it would be better to add at the end, than pull back if financials didn't work out.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #608
offsides

More international shipping options just added...
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #609
KevinR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Update #17
Also: A frequent question is “Can I (for instance) support at the $150 level, pledge $300, and get two $150 packages?” Yes, you can, and you are awesome for asking.
I don't think I can say "no" to two Ogre-sized bags either...
KevinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #610
Clipper

Aaagh, thanks for making my decision difficult again, Steve! ~$20 for the mini version, peace of mind that I don't need to worry about whether my estimate is wrong AND to contribute towards further stretch goals is seriously making me want to switch to the Aussie shipping level after all, rather than using the reshipping company as I planned...

Decisions, decisions... perhaps I should just toss a Munchkin die...
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote