Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 06-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #31
zot

Default Re: Artifacts: Cidri Splat book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Smith View Post
I think that a supplement that gave a couple dozen mechanical wonders, some guidelines on how the GM should game a mechanicer figuring these things out and some discussion on finding them would be very useful for those interested in the Cidri game background. What is the economics of rare artifacts? If the supplement also gave more things for Mechanicers to do, it would be cool.

What are people's thoughts?
I was always intrigued but, back in high school I just wanted to play a wizard :). Hey, one of the two religions I made for my religion system requires mechanician and is based in the Mechanician's Guild!
zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:48 PM   #32
JLV

Default Re: Artifacts: Cidri Splat book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
1E and 2E Gamma World had some lists of random 'artifacts' that you could find while exploring. I find it funny that most of it was litterally 70's tech with no thought to what people 200 years in the future (in game terms) would be using.

I made some larger lists for my owen use, they are hand written and in my 'old stuff' cabinet.
That's absolutely right! I'd completely forgotten about Gamma World!

Too funny about the '70's tech, though -- frankly I bet some of that stuff would be as mysterious to gamers born in the 90's or later as it would be to their characters! Can you imagine their reactions if confronted with a Betamax tape, or an eight-track cassette? Or even a stack of punch cards and a card reader? ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
*.pdf, adventures, counters, formats, product line