Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 09-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Bimbelton

Default Chicken On Your Head and Justice Pie questions

First question: Curse! Chicken On Your Head!

The card says that "...Any Curse or Bad Stuff that removes your Headgear will take the chicken with it." -- Am I correct in interpreting that if you do not have headgear this Curse does not effect you?

Second question: Justice Pie

The card states that a curser, or anyone who played a card against you in a combat must discard two cards. -- Can cards that are being carried be discarded to satisfy this situation or any other situation that tells you to discard cards?

Thank you!
Bimbelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Chicken On Your Head and Justice Pie questions

The curse definitely affects you whether you have Headgear or not, so no, you are not correct. And curses and Bad Stuff that remove headgear remove the Chicken if you have Headgear or not.

If you are told to discard cards without a source, then you can discard from your hand or cards in play, so even cards that you aren't carrying (e.g., a Race card) can be discarded for this. If it told you to discard a specific type of card, such as Items, then those must be in play (they are only considered cards until you play them). Thus with Justice Pie, you can choose from either location.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
Bampop

First question: No. It will affect you. I don't recall if a Curse that removes headgear will still remove the Chicken if you don't have headgear at all though. Edit: But Clipper did! Tag team!!

Second question: If it doesn't specify "in play" or "from your hand" or anything else specifically, you can discard whatever cards belong to you.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
Bimbelton

Very good. Thanks for the help guys.
Bimbelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #5
helium_wong

I want to double confirm the usage of Justice Pie. We need to discard the Justice Pie after we used it, right?

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #6
Clipper

Yes. I thought it might have been officially addressed at some point that it should have Usable Once Only text, but I can't find it, so I might have the wrong card. In any case, it's clearly intended to be a One-Shot Item, so you should discard it after use.