Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #1
hiveloc
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Default Battle Box?

Caught a pic of the "Ogre Battle Box" recently, and wanted to see if any more info has been made available yet.

Specifically, looking for anticipated release date and a question on the included map: Is this the same G1 map bundled with OgreDE, or a larger(yikes!) version?
hiveloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:32 PM   #2
GranitePenguin
 
GranitePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Plainfield, IL
Default Re: Battle Box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiveloc View Post
Caught a pic of the "Ogre Battle Box" recently, and wanted to see if any more info has been made available yet.

Specifically, looking for anticipated release date and a question on the included map: Is this the same G1 map bundled with OgreDE, or a larger(yikes!) version?
From the image, it looks like the same dimensions as the ODE scale are in the text. Besides, bigger would not make any sense. They already have the print details defined, and it would be a bad idea to introduce another scale if they are trying to expand the existing line.
__________________
GranitePenguin
MIB #2214
GranitePenguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:41 PM   #3
ColBosch
 
ColBosch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Default Re: Battle Box?

Got a link?
__________________
Keeper of the GURPS Banner
See my Ogre collections!
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP
ColBosch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:42 PM   #4
Mack_JB
 
Mack_JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Default Re: Battle Box?

The "Battle Box" appears to be akin to what the "Armory Box" was to OM#1; but with the addition of a fold up map, a die, rulebook, etc. So a retail release of the KS components, nothing new or groundbreaking in terms of scale or scope. Some of this was teased on the KS campaign some time ago.

https://twitter.com/philipjreed/stat...00712263139334
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #5
TheAmishStig
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lancaster, PA
Default Re: Battle Box?

Edit: Whups, wrong product. Looks like Phil is teasing us with something related to set 1 and Set 2.
__________________
Andy Mull
Agent #0460
Lancaster, PA

Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/

Last edited by TheAmishStig; 02-02-2018 at 02:52 PM.
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #6
ColBosch
 
ColBosch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Default Re: Battle Box?

No, Stig, this is something different. Copies of Ogre Miniatures Set 1 and 2, updated rulebook, poster map of G1, etc. It's another entry point into the game, not just an expansion, and not a replacement for Battlefields.
__________________
Keeper of the GURPS Banner
See my Ogre collections!
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP
ColBosch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #7
hiveloc
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Default Re: Battle Box?

Thanks all, Was just wondering if I needed to start saving my pennies, or if simply adding the Mini Set 2 to my collection would get me everything in the Battle Box.
hiveloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:51 PM   #8
TheAmishStig
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lancaster, PA
Default Re: Battle Box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
No, Stig, this is something different. Copies of Ogre Miniatures Set 1 and 2, updated rulebook, poster map of G1, etc. It's another entry point into the game, not just an expansion, and not a replacement for Battlefields.
I saw a bunch of new posts that came in between 'reply' and 'submit reply'...edited accordingly. Whoops!

That's a real nice box, all said and done...probably the nicest entry point there is, at least until we get a Set 1 / Set 2 / Set 3 Battle Box...

I'm tempted to get one myself, just to round up to an even 16 sets. (Then watch, Set 3 KS will include a new color, and all 3 sets in that color...)
__________________
Andy Mull
Agent #0460
Lancaster, PA

Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:00 PM   #9
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor
 
Andrew Hackard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Battle Box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
(Then watch, Set 3 KS will include a new color, and all 3 sets in that color...)
That's a fantastic suggestion! I'll pass it along to the team. Thanks, Stig!
__________________
Andrew Hackard || Munchkin Line Editor, Steve Jackson Games

Twitter: @SJGames || Facebook: SJ Games and Munchkin || Medium: @SJGames
Instagram: @stevejacksongames || YouTube: Steve Jackson Games

New Munchkin player? Visit our Munchkin 101 forum!
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:33 PM   #10
tbeard1999
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tyler, Texas
Default Re: Battle Box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
The "Battle Box" appears to be akin to what the "Armory Box" was to OM#1; but with the addition of a fold up map, a die, rulebook, etc. So a retail release of the KS components, nothing new or groundbreaking in terms of scale or scope. Some of this was teased on the KS campaign some time ago.

https://twitter.com/philipjreed/stat...00712263139334
Mmmmm...pretty.

SJG should be commended for the extremely reasonable pricing on the Ogre/GEV miniatures. Of course, that's resulted in me buying far more of them, but whatcha gonna do?
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.