Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 06-02-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
Asbjorn

Default Card play questions!!!

So we are new to and we had some questions on a few cards that have come up in play and we wanna make sure we are playing them right:

1.If I play the Two-Handed Sword (-1 hand) does that mean I have 3 hands and I can use Three-Handed Sword as well

2.Magnificent Hat - if someone plays a card like Curse Everything is Relative! (everyone loose a level) we played that everyone had to loose a level and then roll to see to would catch to rebounded curse as well so one player lost 2 levels.

3. Tongue Demon - does anyone helping have to discard an items as well are just the one who draws the card

4.Cruse Mapping Error! - Discard all Cards played does that's include your equipment and item cards or just the cards that are being used in in one particular combat round i.e. (monster, enhancer, one-shot, de-buf, etc)
Asbjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Card play questions!!!

1. When it comes to Hand Items, you add up the number of Hands used and subtract that from the number of Hands you have (2). So, in the case of the Two-Handed Sword, which says it has -1 Hand means that you go from 2 - (-1), or 3 Hands, allowing you to use the Three-Handed Sword, as long as you're not using some other Hand Item. I imagine that such a character would look epic.
  2. Since the Magnificent Hat protects against Curses, the player using it shouldn't have to lose a level. Otherwise, you handled it correctly.
  3. No. In fact, the Tongue Demon's pre-combat effect (and any Monster that offers the same kind of effect) doesn't kick off if it is added to the combat after it has started. In other words, that effect only affects the player who kicked down the door to get Tongue Demon, or played Tongue Demon to look for trouble.
  4. It only affects the Monster, Monster Enhancers, and one-shot Items used in the combat.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #3
Asbjorn

Default Re: Card play questions!!!

Thanks a lot... we are having such a great time with this game...
Asbjorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cards, magnificent hat, three handed sword, two-handed sword