Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-13-2014, 11:03 PM   #131
Cheomesh

Default Re: GURPS: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eingnu View Post
Is am really interested in this topic. In my opinion Warhammer is the best Fantasy setting while GURPS is the game system. However I haven't found a sourcebook that would allow me to combine those two champs. Xuub's compilation seems like the best shot at it, but to me it's unavailable (I can't download it from Scribd).

Does anyone have a downloadable file for it or something similar? Perhaps one that is usable with 4e?

I'm GMing a couple games in this setting utilizing this collection: GURPSHammer 2.0. I glean heavily from other supplements like Fief, Town, Low Tech, etc. however. Warhammer does a pretty good job "keeping it real" in Humanland, which makes the horrors beyond that much more sinister, I think.

M.
Cheomesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:29 AM   #132
Eingnu

Thanks Cheomesh for sharing this! I agree, the grim and gritty Warhammer world is psychologically much more appealing than other settings, where level 1 players can spout acid 30 feet and think nothing of it.

I am about to GM a Border Princes setting, using Renegade Crowns. As it's my first time as GM I'm tempted to keep it simple and use the Warhammer rules. But GURPS seems so much better in most ways!

I'll see how it goes...
Eingnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:00 AM   #133
combatmedic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eingnu View Post
Thanks Cheomesh for sharing this! I agree, the grim and gritty Warhammer world is psychologically much more appealing than other settings, where level 1 players can spout acid 30 feet and think nothing of it.

I am about to GM a Border Princes setting, using Renegade Crowns. As it's my first time as GM I'm tempted to keep it simple and use the Warhammer rules. But GURPS seems so much better in most ways!

I'll see how it goes...

IN WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY, ACID SPOUTS YOU.

Probably out a grimy sewer pipe and into a river choked with the deformed bodies of mutated plague victims.

The agony.
combatmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #134
Xuub

I have a copy of this and can share it if you PM me.
Xuub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #135
Xuub

In the very earliest times, many thousands of years before the present day, the ancient and highly advanced race known only as the Old Ones crossed the stars from their distant worlds and settled upon the Warhammer world.
Xuub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:32 PM   #136
Aramil1989

Hi, xuub, I'm loving your job. I've just seen your work and it's something that could really help me. The 4th edition has just come out and I'm adding and adapting different rules from Gurps. (Actually I'm also taking from other games like Harn Master and Runequest.) I would very much like to receive for MP all the material you've collected during these years
Aramil1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:39 AM   #137
Languor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramil1989 View Post
Hi, xuub, I'm loving your job. I've just seen your work and it's something that could really help me. The 4th edition has just come out and I'm adding and adapting different rules from Gurps. (Actually I'm also taking from other games like Harn Master and Runequest.) I would very much like to receive for MP all the material you've collected during these years
I've been looking at using WFRP 4th edition in GURPS. Would you mind posting what you have done so far here on the forums, or PMing me?
Languor is offline   Reply With Quote