Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-15-2017, 06:33 AM   #11
GM Joe

Default Re: GURPS Simple Fantasy

I like it! Very nicely done, indeed.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:56 AM   #12
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Indeed, another problem with GURPS is that if ready to play adventures do exist, they are always oneshots. Then, the Game Master has to do all the preparation work by himself if he want to go on with the same Player Characters ...

So, having a little continuing series of adventures to try GURPS rules would be awesome.
The Kickstarter Stretch Goal adventure follows directly on from the adventure in the DFRPG box. I don't know when it will be offered for sale to non-Kickstarters (I certainly hope it will be, I think exclusive supplements are a stupid idea)
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:34 PM   #13
corwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
The Kickstarter Stretch Goal adventure follows directly on from the adventure in the DFRPG box. I don't know when it will be offered for sale to non-Kickstarters (I certainly hope it will be, I think exclusive supplements are a stupid idea)
But even then, they're both fairly short, so I consider them an extended one-shot even if they will take 2 to 4 sessions.

Ideally, I'd like to see something like the Pathfinder or D&D adventure paths but that's unlikely to ever happen. Fortunately, it's not that hard to adapt that sort of thing. 3e's Fantasy Adventures, at least two of them, would translate fairly well.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:50 PM   #14
Viridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe View Post
I like it! Very nicely done, indeed.
Thank you! And wow, that's longer than I've been GMing.
Viridian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #15
Viridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
But even then, they're both fairly short, so I consider them an extended one-shot even if they will take 2 to 4 sessions.

Ideally, I'd like to see something like the Pathfinder or D&D adventure paths but that's unlikely to ever happen. Fortunately, it's not that hard to adapt that sort of thing. 3e's Fantasy Adventures, at least two of them, would translate fairly well.
Nothing would make me happier than to write a 92 or 128-page book containing a fantasy campaign with several linked adventures, along with ALL THE RULES you need to run those adventures. Something truly "Powered By GURPS", something new players could get into, in a traditional fantasy setting. I've been wanting to do that for years, and I guess GURPS Simple Fantasy is the closest I'll come.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:07 PM   #16
Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Great! I also hope it will be offered for sale to anyone too. Even if it takes some time. I perfectly understand that Kickstarters have to be rewarded first.
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:11 PM   #17
Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
Nothing would make me happier than to write a 92 or 128-page book containing a fantasy campaign with several linked adventures, along with ALL THE RULES you need to run those adventures. Something truly "Powered By GURPS", something new players could get into, in a traditional fantasy setting.
I would buy it without the least hesitation and that, even if fantasy is not my favorite genre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
I've been wanting to do that for years, and I guess GURPS Simple Fantasy is the closest I'll come.
And it is a very good job, hence the fact that I would buy the book mentioned above.
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:00 AM   #18
corwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
I would buy it without the least hesitation and that, even if fantasy is not my favorite genre.
Oh, I here you. I own all the 3e Adventures books, even those I have little interest in running. The Supers one was pretty good even though it's one of the few genres I would never use GURPS for. I loved Operation Endgame and Fantasy.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:29 AM   #19
Mr_Sandman

Very nice. Shows how simple GURPS can be, while still being GURPS. A couple of little nit-picky suggestions for clarity. Under "Damage, Armor and Health" where it says "An attack always does at least 1 point of damage." it should probably say "A successful attack..." In the Recovery section it says further healing requires rest, but doesn't say how much rest to recover a HP.
Mr_Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:04 PM   #20
Viridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Sandman View Post
Very nice. Shows how simple GURPS can be, while still being GURPS. A couple of little nit-picky suggestions for clarity. Under "Damage, Armor and Health" where it says "An attack always does at least 1 point of damage." it should probably say "A successful attack..." In the Recovery section it says further healing requires rest, but doesn't say how much rest to recover a HP.
Thank you, those are good suggestions.