Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-18-2005, 12:56 PM   #21
Akahige
Banned

Default Re: Masters of the Universe

So we agree that Prince Adam was a purple-velvet-wearing pansy, and the space-based He-Man should never have been. I even agree that the 4H came up with some really cool updates to the original characters.

While I am trying to mix a little of the new-series design into the original mini-comic characters, I don't want to go too far and change the post-apocalyptic/barbarian flavor. Do you have any suggestions about the stats, skills, or powers I should include? There's lots of blank spaces in that list up there! :D
Akahige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #22
J-Star

Whether based on the minicomics or the 2002 cartoon... Teela should have high Appearance and possibly Sex Appeal ;)

Heck, in the minicomics, IIRC, Skeletor wanted to make her his bride!

I'd have to read through the minicomics on He-man.org and watch the 2002 cartoon series again (if they ever release it on DVD like they are the original) to come up with any other ideas... except at least in the new cartoon it seemed like He-man's combat skills (brawling, broadsword, shield, axe/ace) were a lot higher.

As much as I love Masters of the Universe, I'm not sure I can be of much help converting it to GURPS. Techno-fantasy isn't my strongest genre; I'm most at home in classic TL3 Sword & Sorcery / High Fantasy :)
J-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #23
Akahige
Banned

Well, since I pretty much have ZERO ideas about most of the characters' DX, IQ, and HT scores, I'll accept anyone's opinion just to put some numbers in the glaring blank spaces. ;)

I figure Teela should have the highest DX, since she doesn't have much else going for her combat-wise. Another issue that you touched on is Appearance. Presumably, He-Man's supposed to be good-looking, and he might even have Voice, since he was the narrator of the Point Dread book & record. Lots of possibly-silly bits of "evidence" exist that would help add detail -- I'm willing to consider anything.
Akahige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:15 PM   #24
J-Star

Man-at-Arms should probably have decent levels of all attributes, since he is both a soldier and an inventor.

Skeletor, being a mage, should have decent IQ, but not genius level since he keeps getting defeated by He-man. Probably disadvantages like Obsession (capture Castle Grayskull), and maybe Sadism. In a pure sword-and-sorcery campaign he might even be a Lich!
J-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #25
Yako2020

Hello, my name is Bruno and I am Brazilian, as well as you who made several posts and comments I am a fan of MOTU. And looking for something in GURPS I found this topic, so I was wondering if I'm not mistaken FASA made a RPG of MOTU, could we somehow make a conversion of it to GURPS, because if I'm not mistaken they are based on the mini- comics.

BRASILEIRO UTILIZADOR DO GOOGLE TRADUTOR
Yako2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:48 AM   #26
sgtcallistan

Writeups.org has several of the MOTU charas done in DCcomic's RPG's stats.

They also quote several sources they used, so we could look there for ideas.

Hope this helps.
sgtcallistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #27
Plane

Has anyone done that new 'Princesses of Power' revamp of She-Ra yet in GURPS? I enjoyed season 1 of that.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #28
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
Has anyone done that new 'Princesses of Power' revamp of She-Ra yet in GURPS? I enjoyed season 1 of that.
We’ve been enjoying that show immensely in my family. I’ve often thought that it could make a fun, light-hearted GURPS setting. Just creating Bow’s bow (yup, archer’s name is Bow) would be a ton of fun.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:01 AM   #29
Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
Bow’s bow (yup, archer’s name is Bow)
That's still 1 less than double dragon
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:50 AM   #30
maximara
On Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Star View Post
Man-at-Arms should probably have decent levels of all attributes, since he is both a soldier and an inventor.

Skeletor, being a mage, should have decent IQ, but not genius level since he keeps getting defeated by He-man. Probably disadvantages like Obsession (capture Castle Grayskull), and maybe Sadism. In a pure sword-and-sorcery campaign he might even be a Lich!
We should be clear which version of the characters we are talking about as in many cases there are three: the comics that came with the original figures, the 1980s TV show, and the 2002 TV Show.

Also, while I agree giving Skeletor an an IQ 16 is a bit much we need to keep in mind that, at least in his 1980s incarnation, he has Overconfidence (6) for -15 points, may have some Megalomania (quirk level), a Secret (per the figure comics he is King Randor's older brother Keldor which, baring him being a bastard linage-wise, would make him rightful king of Eternia. In fact, per DC's Masters of the Universe: Origin of Skeletor comic he was denied his birthright for purely racist reasons), and Fanaticism. He definitely has Selfish
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.

Last edited by maximara; 12-11-2019 at 08:29 AM.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote