Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 03-22-2018, 06:53 PM   #31
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Default Re: Update 1.5.13.3?

Personally, I'd really like to see "you can choose your 2-player scenario" near the top of the list.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:11 PM   #32
dwalend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Personally, I'd really like to see "you can choose your 2-player scenario" near the top of the list.
Yes! Did no one ask for that before?

I'd like to be able to pick up a game without being on-line at the start. It's Ogre and the way overruns are done there's only one player making a turn-full of decisions at a time. (I'm about to start another long wait for a game - maybe have one going by morning.)

I'd like to be able to offer up a game, and if I want to play the defense I want to set up the defense, and wait for a second player to appear.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #33
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
Yes! Did no one ask for that before?
Yes, several times. Especially for the ranked play, you don't know what you are getting. It would be nice to be able to select side or match.

Pretty sure one variation of this request has been to include some way to add selection criteria (checkboxes) while you are waiting.
  • Ogre Game / G.E.V. Game
  • Attacker / Defender
etc

The obvious downside to this is it may make it even harder to match up to get a game in an already lean environment.

Seeing who is actually online would be nice too. Even if you can't select them yourself, just knowing what's out there would be reassuring (and a good way to troubleshoot). (e.g., I see 5 people online, why am I not connecting?)