Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 02-24-2018, 11:47 PM   #1
Racer

Default Help! Looking for Boxed Boat Wars Designs ?

Okay we've started planning our Easter & Summer Holiday Campaigns this year . One thing I've not been able to locate since moving 13 years ago is the Rule Book for my Boat Wars Boxed Set ( The one with the Hydrofoil in the cover ) .

Got the small pamphlet from the zipbox version , but larger 32 page ( or 48 ? ) booklet had much more extensive Rules and more importantly for us about a dozen Boats , 10 Hovercraft , a few Aquabikes & 6 Car-to-Boat Amphibians that I recall ?

We want a large amount of Civilian vehicles of these types for our Swamp Wars scenario(s) - does anyone have them or know where we can find them ? A few are in CWCII , but those in Boat Wars were 'improved' versions & used equipment not in CWC or UACFH - like the Micro Marine Power Plant ( which I have got the stats for , thanks to the BOVA pages ) & Amphibious Modification stats without props , for vehicles with Water Wheels/Treads .

Any help will be welcome :-)
Old 02-25-2018, 01:37 AM   #2
Blue Ghost

Default Re: Help! Looking for Boxed Boat Wars Designs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Okay we've started planning our Easter & Summer Holiday Campaigns this year . One thing I've not been able to locate since moving 13 years ago is the Rule Book for my Boat Wars Boxed Set ( The one with the Hydrofoil in the cover ) .

Got the small pamphlet from the zipbox version , but larger 32 page ( or 48 ? ) booklet had much more extensive Rules and more importantly for us about a dozen Boats , 10 Hovercraft , a few Aquabikes & 6 Car-to-Boat Amphibians that I recall ?

We want a large amount of Civilian vehicles of these types for our Swamp Wars scenario(s) - does anyone have them or know where we can find them ? A few are in CWCII , but those in Boat Wars were 'improved' versions & used equipment not in CWC or UACFH - like the Micro Marine Power Plant ( which I have got the stats for , thanks to the BOVA pages ) & Amphibious Modification stats without props , for vehicles with Water Wheels/Treads .

Any help will be welcome :-)
Isn't there a PDF available from e23? My CW Tanks boxed edition got soaked while in storage in my garage, and sure enough I was able to get a printable PDF from the online store to replace it.
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:12 AM   #3
owenmp

Yes, Boat Wars Deluxe Edition is available on Warehouse 23.

Warehouse 23 - Boat Wars Deluxe Edition
http://www.warehouse23.com/products/boat-wars

I also recommend looking in issues of ADQ for boat designs, including the scenario Battle of the Bass Boats. The scenario was published in one of the issues of Volume 7. Boat designs should appear starting with Volume 7, Number 1.

The original Boat Wars rules were printed in ADQ 5/2. There might be a few boat designs in that article that may not have been printed in either of the two Boat Wars sets.
Twitter: Car Combat Central
https://twitter.com/carcombat

Last edited by owenmp; 02-25-2018 at 08:20 AM.
owenmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:17 AM   #4
Racer

Thank you Guys !!
I can't download PDF Files onto my phone , but I'll try & sort something out at my local Library in next few days .

Will get some printouts of important bits to have handy as well .
Old 02-27-2018, 04:23 AM   #5
josephrey

Location: on the road!! check out www.chingchingwong.com to see where we currently are. :)

It's on ebay!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1...8AAOSwaEhZKqng
josephrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:48 AM   #6
Blue Ghost

$107? A bit pricey.
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:53 AM   #7
josephrey

Location: on the road!! check out www.chingchingwong.com to see where we currently are. :)

I don't disagree?

We don't know Racer's budget. :)

It's also in AU dollars, with another $65 for shipping. Eek.

I do love that I can download any of the books and supplements, but it's also super nice to have a physical copy.

Has anyone downloaded a PDF from W23 and had a book bound from it?
josephrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:56 AM   #8
Suncrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
$107? A bit pricey.
I've bought it on eBay recently for less than $20.
Suncrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #9
Racer

I've very little spare cash at moment .
Easier for me or fellow player to download & I'll cherrypick which pages I need & print them off at 10p a page after first three at Library .

Players in North America have been incredibly kind to me over the years & one chap ( name escapes me for now ) didn't just mail me his spare Tanks Rulebook , but the whole boxed set !

Terry Wilton from Canada also sent me spare counters , mapsheets & Cityblocks 3 & 4 when he stopped playing regularly . Still in original wrappings . Amazing generosity 8-)
Old 03-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #10
Lindmark71

Also, if you send me an email address, I can forward the MadHat Boat Design tool.

It requires MS Excel to function, and is similar in most respects to the MadHat designer for cars we all know and love.

Shoot me an email at curtlindmark@gmail.com

Drive (and sail) offensively.

Curt
Lindmark71 is offline   Reply With Quote