Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
The Big Boo

Default My Shopping List

My Munchkin Shopping list is starting to get quite big, so far I have on their..

Munchkin Conan
Munchkin 7 (only discovered the other day that I Don't have this)
Plush Duck of Doom x4 (1 for me and 3 as Christmas presents)
Plush Duck of Gloom
Skullkickers booster
The Guild Booster
Penny Arcade Booster
The next Christmas booster
The 2012 Warehouse 23 booster
GITD jumbo D6
Whatever it was that Andrew hinted at that has an internal tracking number of G1701 (which I hope is Star Munchkin related)

And I have to get my best Friend something else Munchkin Related for Christmas (on top of his Duck of Doom) Probably Munchkin Apocalypse!

I have now got to the point where I think I can split this out into 2 orders (otherwise I'm going to be waiting a long time for Munchkin Conan because alot of that stuff isn't going to come out until the end of the year)

On top of all that I have been sat on the fence about The Good The Bad and The Munchkin, which I think I would really like!

Last edited by The Big Boo; 06-20-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: forgot about GITD jumbo D6
The Big Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
TheBiff

Default Re: My Shopping List

While I am sure our lists are very close to yours the point of my reply is to talk about TGTBTM.

I HATE westerns. There "might" be one or two good western movies out there. I am saying this so you know where I stand. I bought TGTBTM and the expansion purely for the sake of taking a few cards out to add to my ever growing mixed deck. Before I start taking out cards I got to play the deck as is just so I can get a feel for the deck and the cards. TGTBTM is easily one of the best Munchkin decks out there (on my top three). It is so well rounded and so fun with some great cards, and dont even get me started about the Outlaw class. You do not need to be a fan of the source or theme to enjoy this deck. There is only one issue with TGTBTM and that is the expansion is not 112 cards lol. Dont be on the fence any longer, get the set.

Also I didnt see Apocalypse on yours list....shame...
TheBiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Dr. Mauric

TGTBTM is an awesome set. One of our favorites. I play with my kids and my nephews (ages 9-13) and this is the deck they pick the most. The Beating a Dead Horse expansion is equally awesome with a great new class and hilarious monsters.
Dr. Mauric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
The Big Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiff View Post
Dont be on the fence any longer, get the set.
You guys have convinced me, add it to the list!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
Mister Ed

I have a Munchkin "wish list", most of which will probably end up turning into a shopping list, but I can always PRETEND that somebody else might buy some of it for me...

My current "wish list" contains (in order of priority):

Star Munchkin 1+2
Munchkin Axe Cop
Naughty and Nice booster
Plush Duck of Doom
Penny Arcade booster
Skullkickers booster
possibly Munchkin Fu 1+2

This, of course, only includes things officially announced. I'm up for a 2012 W23 booster, as well, (and that will probably lead me to pick up a few extra exclusives that aren't on this list, just to make the shipping charge more justifiable) and may well be interested in whatever "G1701" turns out to be...

Last edited by Mister Ed; 06-21-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #6
Tross

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiff View Post
While I am sure our lists are very close to yours the point of my reply is to talk about TGTBTM.

I bought TGTBTM and the expansion purely for the sake of taking a few cards out to add to my ever growing mixed deck.
Well, that's something I never thought about. I tend to keep my decks separate, but maybe it'd be fun to do that. Then again, the downside is that if I wanted to play a game with just one or the other, or mix one or the other with a friend's set, it'd be a little more difficult. Granted, I only have the one set. A friend of mine has two, and around these parts, we kind of like to have different sets than other people we know, so everyone has one or two. I do have the Christmas boosters though. I would mix them in with my zombie deck, but sometimes I might want to play a friend's set with those boosters.

Anyways, back on topic, I kind of made a shopping list, then proceeded to buy it from this site. Not that it was a huge purchase or anything. I've been wanting Munchkinomicon, which I can get anywhere, but I've heard that the Fairy booster is a good foil for it, since it's the opposite. When I was browsing the booster section on this site, I found out about Marked for Dead, which I like the sound of, but I also found out that both it, and the fairy set recently went out of print, and they're only available in limited quantities now. Apparently they should still be fairly easy to find, but the only store I know of that sells Munchkin stuff doesn't have either of them. Long story short, I have a credit card, so I decided I might as well order them, and Munchkinomicon while I'm at it. So, that's exactly what I did, and I'm looking forward to receiving them.

As far as wish lists go, I can't wait for the Dungeon expansion for Munchkin Zombies. I'm already thinking about what my second base set should be, but since I only recently acquired my first base set, I think I'll hold off on that for now. That doesn't stop me from thinking about it though. My cousin said he might be interested in The Good, the Bad and the Munchkin, so I won't bother with that. I'm not huge on Western films myself, but I don't mind it as a theme. My cousin called it though, so I'll pick something else when the time comes. A friend of mine has had Munchkin Cthulhu for a very long time(the box is faded), and he recently acquired Munchkin Bites. A couple we visit as part of a Munchkin meetup group has the original game, which I like a lot.

So far, I'm really liking the sound of Munchkin Apocalypse, and look forward to hearing more about it when its release date draws nearer. Disaster cards sound really neat. Other sets that might interest me are Munchkin Booty and Star Munchkin, since I like the sound of pirate zombies, and zombies in space. I actually like the sound of a set that would make a totally random combination with Munchkin Zombies. Munchkin Fu doesn't sound like a bad choice either. Neither does Super Munchkin. Apparently Munchkin Impossible is really neat too. Considering that I'm holding off for now, I'm not ruling out the possibility of a future announcement for a base set catching my interest. You know what? I think all the sets are neat in their own way. I'll only be picking one though.
Tross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
Squaty

1. Sammlerkoffer
2. Munchkin Impossible
3. Zombies 3
4. Apocalypse
5. Munchkin Dice
6. Booty+Expansions OR Star+Expansions
8. 2011 Silver Coin (nearly won one on ebay last weekend)
7. Slap bracelet
8. Fairy Dust Purse (shut up)
Squaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:43 AM   #8
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tross View Post
So far, I'm really liking the sound of Munchkin Apocalypse, and look forward to hearing more about it when its release date draws nearer.
Here's something more about it: I was talking to someone in the office (a "OK, I'm about to be away from the Internet for several days and maybe as much as two weeks; bring me up to speed" call) and this person mentioned that the Apocalypse proofs had come in and that Apoc, in their opinion, is the best-looking Munchkin set we've ever done.

Take that for what it's worth.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #9
Bampop

I've noticed that something about what I assume is the box art just pops for me. Maybe because most others are just a Munchkin on a background color, an this one seems to be wraparound art, but it's always had a different feel for me. I'm also very excited.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #10
Squaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
is the best-looking Munchkin set we've ever done.
Amped for this release!
Squaty is offline   Reply With Quote