Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 12-15-2012, 04:07 AM   #1061
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammann View Post
I have been working on monsters for my DF campaign.

This is a troll. Check his mullet!

Here we have a minotaur wearing chainmail.

My take on ettercaps have eight limbs.

I may do some more work on this manticore to add more impressive claws. My campaign's manticores have no wings.
I love these so much. These figures you make are awesome.

Armin
Old 12-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #1062
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

*admires the awesome minis*
Old 12-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #1063
Dammann

Thank you, guys! I'll post more when I go home.
Dammann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #1064
Blind Mapmaker

Now those are some really uncanny-looking monsters. Great work, Damman. I think I agree about the manticore claws. They could use some work to put them on the same level as the teeth, but the rest is pretty much perfect.
Blind Mapmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #1065
Anthony

So, I know there's a bunch of people who've worked with poser on this list, which I've never done, but I had a sudden weird idea, and I'm wondering how challenging it would be to do, and whether people have actually tried anything of the sort.

The basic idea is to put together hit location images (similar to what Millennium's End used) -- you have a graphic that shows a human body from various poses and angles, and you have a scatter table so you can figure out where you hit on the graphic (one problem with ME was a rather weird scatter table). However, rather than using a simple silhouette, use a graphic that actually shows internal organs, and you could then code damage values to organs, and so on. daz3d has the tools do do this -- this is very much like the kind of image you'd want -- probably based on the anatomy starter bundle or something similar -- but I'm wondering how ridiculous an amount of effort that is.
Anthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #1066
quarkstomper

I don't remember now if I've ever posted to this thread nor not. I must have. But in case I haven't, here are a few pieces of my own:

Fala and Dent -- from an old D&D campaign
Savage Land -- Magneto, Beast and my wife's original character from a Marvel Supers campaign that I called "The Uncannonical X-Pals"
Doomed Slayers -- the cover I did for Jurgen's suppliment about dungeon-delving.
You All Meet In A Tavern -- interior illustration from "Doomed Slayers"
Paperwork -- another "Doomed Slayers" illustration
The Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter -- from a series of character portraits I did for Brett to go with a gaslight fantasy game he will be running this spring.

And my wife will bug me if I do not mention that I am available for commissions.
quarkstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #1067
Mehmet
MIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkstomper View Post
I don't remember now if I've ever posted to this thread nor not. I must have. But in case I haven't, here are a few pieces of my own:

Fala and Dent -- from an old D&D campaign
Savage Land -- Magneto, Beast and my wife's original character from a Marvel Supers campaign that I called "The Uncannonical X-Pals"
Doomed Slayers -- the cover I did for Jurgen's suppliment about dungeon-delving.
You All Meet In A Tavern -- interior illustration from "Doomed Slayers"
Paperwork -- another "Doomed Slayers" illustration
The Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter -- from a series of character portraits I did for Brett to go with a gaslight fantasy game he will be running this spring.

And my wife will bug me if I do not mention that I am available for commissions.
You are an excellent artist mate, kudos.

Cheers...
Old 02-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #1068
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
So, I know there's a bunch of people who've worked with poser on this list, which I've never done, but I had a sudden weird idea, and I'm wondering how challenging it would be to do, and whether people have actually tried anything of the sort.

The basic idea is to put together hit location images (similar to what Millennium's End used) -- you have a graphic that shows a human body from various poses and angles, and you have a scatter table so you can figure out where you hit on the graphic (one problem with ME was a rather weird scatter table). However, rather than using a simple silhouette, use a graphic that actually shows internal organs, and you could then code damage values to organs, and so on. daz3d has the tools do do this -- this is very much like the kind of image you'd want -- probably based on the anatomy starter bundle or something similar -- but I'm wondering how ridiculous an amount of effort that is.
I some how completely missed this post.

Short answer: "it depends" :D

What variety of poses/angles are you looking for? Setting up the basic figure ("Dude with glass skin, skeleton, and organs") would be done once, and then after that it's a different render for each pose. The rendering itself can be set up as a batch job to go overnight, so the real question is how much time is required for defining what poses and setting the poses up and the batch render up.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #1069
Agemegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkstomper View Post

À propos, I'd like to say that I'm very pleased with the results, and happy with Quarkstomper's ability to draw characters to match descriptions.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #1070
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I some how completely missed this post.

Short answer: "it depends" :D

What variety of poses/angles are you looking for? Setting up the basic figure ("Dude with glass skin, skeleton, and organs") would be done once, and then after that it's a different render for each pose. The rendering itself can be set up as a batch job to go overnight, so the real question is how much time is required for defining what poses and setting the poses up and the batch render up.
Pretty much what Bruno said. Also, what resolution do you want them at?
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art