Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 04:53 AM   #61
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Now On Kickstarter!

For those of you asking for clear bases, please see the project add-ons:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...jackson-games/
Old 12-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #62
philreed
I do stuff and things.

You asked for shirts. We now have shirts.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2703153
Old 12-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #63
syncrogt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
You asked for shirts. We now have shirts.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2703153
This. Is. Awesome!
Old 12-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #64
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
This will not be an option
(the above in reference to a miniature-less variant post-KS)

Well, you lost me. I see no point in spending money on miniatures I don't enjoy and wouldn't use.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:46 PM   #65
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post

Well, you lost me. I see no point in spending money on miniatures I don't enjoy and wouldn't use.
We have no plans to create a variant set.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:09 PM   #66
kbs666

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post

So get it in the KS. $25 less than the street price basically makes the 8 minis, at least, free.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:08 AM   #67
philreed
I do stuff and things.

New stretch goals revealed:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2703910
Old 12-06-2019, 07:13 AM   #68
syncrogt1

Can a person who supports the KS with a $10 donation, also get access to any of the add-ons for the respective additional cost? For example the shirt for $24 and dice bag for $10 and so forth?

Last edited by syncrogt1; 12-06-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #69
moseyalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncrogt1 View Post
Can a person who supports the KS with a $10 donation, also get access to any of the add-ons for the respective additional cost? For example the shirt for $24 and dice bag for $10 and so forth?
From the KS Comments:
Quote:
Philip Reed
3 days ago
For those of you who have asked about getting add-on items without selecting the game as a reward, please see the new $100 reward level.
This is obviously not official, but my understanding is basically that you have to pledge a full $100, but it gets you $110 of credit toward add-ons, beyond which you can also add more if desired.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:51 AM   #70
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
So get it in the KS. $25 less than the street price basically makes the 8 minis, at least, free.
The minis aren't my biggest dislike with this edition so far... they're just the simplest thing to strip from it (and what I would be stripping out anyway) which might bring it down to a price point I'd be willing go in on.

For instance, all I actually want right now is the rulesset (and a turning guide to check and see if it's keep to the same ratios). I'm strongly disinterested in what the "card deck" build system appears to be from this distance‡, and really dislike "card draw" damage systems.

But a streamlined crash system? That sounds interesting. That's worth the price of a rulebook to me.

For 51$ I might go in, but the words "not the complete Sixth Edition game" are a set back. If it just means "missing two dashboards, two car build card decks*, three minis, a playmat, and some dice" and a full game could be played anyway (it's not like you can't make your own 'dashboards' and sub in Hot Wheels cars, or any 1/64th scale models you prefer), I'd actually be tempted.

I mean, scaling back down to my preferred scale† wouldn't be hard, and if the rules are better than 3rd edition, I'd be really, really tempted...

* If the decks are all the same, so for example, they aren't "customized to a specific type of car" and thus requiring players to buy more car packs in the future to get more car build decks with different options. I really hate that about Star Wars X-Wing and Armada.

† The roughly 1:192 (1/16th) scale that the original game was in. I used to have a stupid amount of Micro Machines for it... but there are good suppliers of 1:192 scale vehicles out there so it'd be simple to get a nice range of vehicles to go with the terrain and scenery and arenas I already have...

‡ Intricately building the cars is half the fun of the older editions. Remove that and you've removed half the fun of the game for me. It becomes "something I'll play if everyone else wants to play" but not something I really, really care about. Not enough to bother owning it.
Closed Thread