Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Pyramid

Old 10-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
IrishRover

Default Wondering if my articles were useful or entertaining

So far, I've written 2 articles for Pyramid, Pedaling to the Clouds and Rockets High and would appreciate any specific comments/feedback beyond the simple numbers of the article ratings.
Were they useful for campaigns? Fun?
I appreciate any comments; Thanks!

http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/login...e.html?id=5908

http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/login...e.html?id=6660

Last edited by IrishRover; 10-07-2008 at 06:41 PM.
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
griffin

Default Re: Wondering if my articles were useful or entertaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishRover
So far, I've written 2 articles for Pyramid, Pedaling to the Clouds and Rockets High and would appreciate any specific comments/feedback beyond the simple numbers of the article ratings.
Were they useful for campaigns? Fun?
I appreciate any comments; Thanks!
http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/login...e.html?id=5908

Pedaling to the Clouds for GURPS

I didn't read the article when it first appeared. I may not have been a subscriber or might just not have been interested. It's a narrow focused niche article. The writing is adequate if not inspired. The article is just to short to be of much use. I like the "chrome" - The Gaelic Enterprises "Revolution". However, a bit more background material including some alternatives would have been nice. I can't figure out from the article how you steer the airbike. A picture would have been great though those are hard to come by in Pyramid.

The "Uses" section needed to be better fleshed out. I'd really have liked to see some adventure seeds also. It might have been nice to tie this in with some GURPS products, like pointing out a world or space station where the airbikes are used - maybe a world from Space Atlas IV or perhaps a lunar colony.

Does anyone use these for delivery of packages and such in urban areas?

The article got a 3.24 rating which is rather good. For me, I'd have given it a 3 at best (probably a 2 on most days).

The other article was of no interest to me so I'm not inclined to critique it.

Have you submitted any other articles since these two?

You might want to do a delivery person for Supporting Cast that uses the airbike described in Pedaling to the Clouds. It's nice to re-use of articles and extend there usefulness by writing articles that have tie-ins to past articles. You might want to see if Pyramid has published any suitable campaign settings where the airbike might be used. Then you can link this material to an existing Pyramid setting.
griffin is offline   Reply With Quote