Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 01-17-2020, 05:24 PM   #11
bat

Default Re: Decks of Destiny, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terquem View Post
Got mine yesterday. Opened it this morning and shared a photo on twitter. It is a lot of stuff - a lot - makes me a little sad that I am not fifteen and it is not 1978.

That young me would have been putting every single bit of that box to use, right now!

56 year old me is still trying to come up with the courage to go to the FLGS to try and meet new people to play with - otherwise this big box will end up in the basement right beside the "I want it all" box I have still not put into use.
Not to derail, but to chime in and encourage: Go for it! I run games in public and have for going on three years. Found a friendly bar wanting to get away from the sports theme and now the idea has grown organically and not only have other games cropped up, now I have been asked to run games in another place. And I am in Idaho. You can do it.
bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #12
ParadoxGames

You veteran players are always welcome to use Decks of Destiny in online play-by-post games on the TFT Discord server. There are currently 2 campaigns running at the time and always room for more. (invitation link is in my signature file.)
Old 01-17-2020, 06:55 PM   #13
larsdangly

If you want to encourage a group of new people at a meet-and-greet style gaming setting (like a store with tables or a bar that does board games), I highly recommend you use one of the more interesting looking roll out rubber battle mats (like, hexagonal arena or octopus lair), and draw people in for a scenario that really shows off the fun that comes from diverse, crazy encounters. I have never seen someone walk away without a smile from something involving a couple of crazily mixed-and-matched teams, like a fighter, a wizard and a giant vs. a pair of goblins, a 4 hex dragon and a big slime. Weird victory conditions are also another way to engage new players.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:01 AM   #14
Taliesin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHorse View Post
FedEx says that mine will arrive tomorrow. I shall post some photos when it does.
How did you get a tracking number to check with Fedex?
Taliesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:40 AM   #15
hcobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
How did you get a tracking number to check with Fedex?
Search your emails for "Your order has been shipped!"
Old 01-18-2020, 12:17 PM   #16
Taliesin
Banned

Doh! Yeah, when I din't have an e-mail yet I should have realized they just haven't gotten to me yet. OTH I live about an hour from Austin so mine will come pretty quick. It's kind of a race though because I leave for Germany in a week and will be over there for 3 months.
Taliesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:40 AM   #17
stefanj

I got a notification of an email which had something about a shipping notice in the title.

Opened my inbox, opened the mail, expecting it to tell me that DOD was on the way and . . .

. . . it was from a guy with DHL Nigeria telling me a gift card for $5,000,000 had been held up in customs and could I please send a fee to hurry it a long.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:06 AM   #18
larsdangly

Well hurry up and write back to him; a $5,000,000 gift card doesn't come along every day!
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:33 AM   #19
Axly Suregrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj View Post
. . . it was from a guy with DHL Nigeria telling me a gift card for $5,000,000 had been held up in customs and could I please send a fee to hurry it a long.
Oh no not the Orcish Prince! I keep sending him silver and he never seems to get freed from the catacombs
Axly Suregrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:10 PM   #20
TrollishMcTroll

Got mine a couple of days ago. I've been running random melee combats for my own entertainment at home, but I'm trying to get a handle on the system overall so that I can run it at conventions (starting with Emerald City Comicon in a month or so).
TrollishMcTroll is offline   Reply With Quote