Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Pyramid

Old 02-05-2016, 04:22 AM   #31
Imion

Default Re: Pyramid Volume Two Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
( ...)

OP in this thread mentions that some of the Pyramid articles are free. If SJG is not yet organizing the non-free articles for re-distribution, would it be possible for fans to just organize all the free articles in an easily accessible way kind of like the free PDF previews?
You might want to try:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapeno_dude View Post
(...)

EDIT2: And here is a list of just the free articles--of which there are nearly 850.
(...)
or

http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/articles/FreePyramid.html
Old 04-05-2016, 11:46 AM   #32
mysterycycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
Unfortunately, at this time there is no way to access the Volume 2 Pyramid material. We've had some discussions in the past about how we might go about making some of that content available, but there are no plans at this time.
So, it's been three years.

Is there any possibility that we could be allowed to purchase Volume 2 articles? There are a number of old articles I would like to have, either replacing old printouts or acquiring articles I missed the first time they were available.
mysterycycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:55 PM   #33
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterycycle View Post
So, it's been three years.

Is there any possibility that we could be allowed to purchase Volume 2 articles? There are a number of old articles I would like to have, either replacing old printouts or acquiring articles I missed the first time they were available.
Honestly, I think they're short-staffed for updating material for a W23 release.

It's been... months? a year?... since the last GURPS Classic item has been released, for instance. And that's just scanning/OCR and some QA/editing.

Converting a bunch of short articles from the old web files, and putting them into a format that's up to their normal quality? That'd draw off some of their key personnel, taking them away from releasing new content.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:21 AM   #34
Celti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
It's been... months? a year?... since the last GURPS Classic item has been released, for instance. And that's just scanning/OCR and some QA/editing.
First off, "just scanning/OCR" shows a blithe naivete about the amount of work that professionally scanning and OCRing an entire book — especially a book laid out in multiple columns with tables and images scattered about — requires. It's not easy, and the SJ Games staff deserve respect for the schedule they did manage (sometimes one a month!).

Secondly, there are thirteen items remaining that are eligible for a Classic release. It's entirely probable that we're down to the items that are, for whatever reason, much more difficult to process.

Given both of those, I wouldn't take the rate of Classic releases as an indicator of anything except how often they're making Classic releases.
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:55 PM   #35
corwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaevictis Asmadi View Post
Thanks for your offer Rob, but neither the forum PMs nor the forum emails allow attachments. I put it on Google docs.

EDIT: made a few corrections/editions, re-uploaded. I'm not working on it anymore tonight, it's 1:45 am. Really.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...zZzRsSHc&hl=en

I added as much author, game, url redirects, and date info as I could find. The list is now sortable by all columns, and there's a URL # column that takes into account the redirected urls, so you can return to the original order if you want to.

I started a content column, but didn't finish filling it in, and don't really know how to for some of the articles about games I don't know. Anyone else can do so if they like. The column isn't of summaries, just basic terse descriptions: ideas, rules, campaign setting, adventure, magic system, pregen character, character group, creature, race, setting, background fluff, templates, spells, spell college, ritual magic path, martial arts style, character traits, weapons, vehicles, equipment, advice, review, editorial, Q & A, and designer's notes are the main categories.
This link is dead. Does anyone know if this document is still available anywhere? I'm one of the lucky ones with the volume 2 download but finding stuff on it is a nightmare.

Has anyone compiled a list of articles which included the htm file names in the archive?

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:55 AM   #36
bishun

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
This link is dead. Does anyone know if this document is still available anywhere? I'm one of the lucky ones with the volume 2 download but finding stuff on it is a nightmare.

Has anyone compiled a list of articles which included the htm file names in the archive?
I'm, not sure if this is what you're after, but check:
https://sites.google.com/site/pyramidindex/home

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 12-11-2016 at 01:48 AM.
bishun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:16 PM   #37
gibberingmouther

i'm interested in the brazilian jiu jitsu article but i don't know how to access it. i'd like to buy it, but how do i do that?
gibberingmouther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 08:44 AM   #38
johndallman
Night Watchman

There does not seem to be a way of buying articles from Pyramid #2 at present.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 02:39 AM   #39
johndallman
Night Watchman

To link things up, SJG is planning to publish a collection of dungeon-fantasy related Pyramid #2 articles. Presumably, if it does well, there could be more such collections.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:33 PM   #40
Vaevictis Asmadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post

Very sorry about that! Here is a new url. It will get you the folder it's stored in. Hopefully it'll be less likely to die. Feel free to PM me if it dies:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...XJHcVdoQ01JZTg

The current sharable link to the actual spreadsheet is below, but if I upload an updated version for any reason, this link is likely to die as well:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...XVaTzA0OXhhdEk

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)

Last edited by Vaevictis Asmadi; 12-18-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pyramid 2