Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Pyramid

Old 03-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
jalapeno_dude
e23 Speculator

Default Pyramid Volume Two Index

Thanks to the miracles of Python scripting, I'm pleased to present an index of the articles in Pyramid Vol. 2. The index is not strictly in chronological order: instead, it's in the order of the article IDs on the pyramid website, which range from 1 to 7072. The articles which are available for free in full are noted.

Please sticky, as this should prove useful for anyone looking for more GURPS support.

EDIT: Apparently posts can only be 10000 characters long? Lame. And no attachment system? Also lame. I've uploaded it here for the moment without any frivolities like, you know, formatting. Anyone who wants to make it prettier is more than welcome to grab my html and do so.

EDIT2: And here is a list of just the free articles--of which there are nearly 850. Now we're down to only 50000 characters in the list, but that's still far too big for a post here...

EDIT3: Finally, here's the list of free articles in the form of a Google spreadsheet, sortable by title, author, and game system. (Thanks to Vaevictis Asmadi for assembling this).

Last edited by jalapeno_dude; 12-18-2018 at 09:34 PM.
jalapeno_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
Captain-Captain

Default Re: ~

Many thanks. You've turned searching old Pyramid articles from a thankless and often futile task to something a lot simpler.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Pyramid Volume Two Index

I've taken jalapeno_dude's webpage list of free Pyramid articles and turned it into a spreadsheet. I've also added a "Game or Feature" column to the spreadsheet, but that only has entries for roughly half the articles so far. (I don't have time to look at the other ~400 articles today. If someone else wants to continue populating the data in that column, feel free...)
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Vaevictis Asmadi

Thank you two a bunch for putting this together. It definitely makes the Pyramid archive vastly more accessible (I'm still just happy that any of it still exist at all). This is wonderful and much appreciated!

I'm adding more data and an author column. I'm on url 864 now. I'll find a place to upload it when I'm done, or just when I run out of time/interest, unless somebody else finishes it faster.

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)

Last edited by Vaevictis Asmadi; 03-09-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:27 AM   #5
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaevictis Asmadi View Post
Thank you two a bunch for putting this together. It definitely makes the Pyramid archive vastly more accessible (I'm still just happy that any of it still exist at all). This is wonderful and much appreciated!

I'm adding more data and an author column. I'm on url 864 now. I'll find a place to upload it when I'm done, or just when I run out of time/interest, unless somebody else finishes it faster.
You could simply put it on google docs, and then it could be updated by 3rd parties.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
selenite

Quote:
I'm adding more data and an author column. I'm on url 864 now.
A lot of that info is already on the GURPSWiki pages.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #7
trooper6

Quote:
Originally Posted by selenite View Post
A lot of that info is already on the GURPSWiki pages.
I went to the GURPS wiki and searched for Pyramid...all I got was this page:
http://gurps.wikia.com/wiki/Pyramid

No real info...is there another GURPSWiki you are talking about?
trooper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #8
Vaevictis Asmadi

If you have the url to that info, please do share it.

The only one I know is the GURPS wiki that died; parts of it are accessible on the Internet Archive. But it does not seem to have all of the articles, and it doesn't provide a concise summary like this, just the title and first paragraph of each article. You have to open some up and read them to know what game they are for.

Having picked through both that and the list provided here, I must say Jalapeño Dude's list is more useful and easier to use. Plus, it is all in one place, instead of split over four pages that don't have a controlling index page.

Published GURPS Settings

Last edited by Vaevictis Asmadi; 03-10-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #9
selenite

Quote:
But it does not seem to have all of the articles
I just included the ones whose full content was available.

Quote:
it doesn't provide a concise summary like this, just the title and first paragraph of each article.
Yep, and it was a fair amount of work getting that far. If you want to write descriptions for all of them I'll be happy to see your results.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #10
Vaevictis Asmadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by selenite View Post
I just included the ones whose full content was available.
The Way Back archive I saw was missing several of the free articles, at least from the GURPS rules section, and like I said, it didn't contain the information we are compiling here.

Anyway, if you are talking about some other GURPS Wiki, can you please tell us the URL? Otherwise, knowing that it already contains every piece of information we are trying to compile is... kinda useless.

Published GURPS Settings

Tags
pyramid 2