Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 09:42 AM   #1
VisceralShoe01

Default Possible Issues With Chrome?

I was having issues logging into the forum. I had some prompt and sound advice from a Mr. Brandon McClelland, who I would like to thank for his time and patience. I would also like to thank Mr. Andrew Hakard for his time as well. Anyway, after having issues with Chrome 72.0.3626.121, I updated to the new chrome 73.whatever version with the same issue. As suggested by Mr McClelland, I also tried using a different browser. I chose to install Firefox, and here I am with no issues. But I'm curious if anybody else has had a similar issue with the Chrome Versions I previously mentioned. Also my current OS is Android 9 in case anyone is wondering about that as well. Hopefully I'm the only one with this problem. But, if anyone else has had a similar issue, let's tell the good people at SJGames. They spend a lot of time making great products for us all to enjoy, hopefully we can make their job a bit easier and less stressful if they become aware of a possible issue with their site. Again, I would like to express my gratitude to Andrew Hakard and Brandon McClelland for their time and patience. And hopefully, if there is indeed an issue with chrome users, they can figure out the problem and put it in it's place.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #2
VisceralShoe01

Default Re: Possible Issues With Chrome?

Also if I overstepped by starting a new thread in this part of the forum, I apologise. I really don't use forums that often, so I may be ignorant of some of the etiquette involved
Old 04-01-2019, 11:50 AM   #3
VisceralShoe01

Update.
So Mr. Brandon McClelland was able to help me resolve my issue with logging in on the forum with Chrome. It was a simple matter of uninstalling and then reinstalling the Chrome updates. I hope this information helps others in the future. And I would also like to thank Mr. McClelland again for his help and patience. So, Thanks.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:09 PM   #4
Racer

Over the last few years any version of Chrome can cause problems , if you have just a basic non brand phone .
I just have one from service provider (cheap , small to fit in pockets & virtually indestructible) and initially it was absolute nightmare to log in & navigate here in 2016 . Newer updated model makes things easier , but with my Girlfriend's Galaxy phone it's a breeze to access public pages .
Guess we have to live with some quirks no matter how careful we are .
Old 04-03-2019, 08:27 AM   #5
VisceralShoe01

Yeah for sure, but it is what it is. I got a OnePlus 6T. It's pretty good for the most part, but I don't know much about the company that makes them. They are, apparently, an up and coming Chinese phone manufacturer. That being said, it's got power and specs to rival some iPhones and Samsung products, but for a cheaper price. So I figured it was an issue with the phone itself, thankfully everything is working as it should since I kinda reinstalled the chrome updates. So now I'm good to go...
Old 11-28-2019, 03:49 PM   #6
Racer

Sorry for thread resurrection but relevant information :

With any Chrome powered devices , be very very careful with autocorrect AND user dictionaries . A few slips on a touchscreen & unforgivable highly offensive entirely by accident !
Pocket posting is also possible ... much to some people's horror and others extreme amusement .

It can be five times worse if an uncouth and/or 'teenage' person has owned device before you ... 8-I

Later iPhones have software to help prevent this but I've had little personal experience with them .
Old 11-28-2019, 03:51 PM   #7
Racer

• A few slips on a touchscreen & unforgivable highly offensive material can be posted entirely by accident !
Closed Thread