Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-03-2009, 02:57 AM   #61
nick012000

Default Re: [OOC]Transhuman Space/Traveller Interstellar Wars: Transhuman Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noven View Post
I assume that this ship has no rotating sections so it is zero gee? Also, who hired me and what was the terms of my contract?
Yup, it's zero gee, except when the engines are firing. Then it's .005g; everything will accellerate about five centimeters per second per second towards the back of the ship; humans have a terminal velocity of about one meter per second (attained after about twenty seconds).

Also, Flyndaran, just so I don't misinterpret this: Horse is homosexual? Or bisexual or something, I suppose. There's nothing wrong with that; it just wasn't something I entirely expected. :P
nick012000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:00 AM   #62
Celjabba

If tool are needed, GTO carry a cybertool, good as at least basic tools for about anything we may need.

Timezone : CET (gmt+2) here, but i can' t usually access internet at work, so i shall mostly post morning, midday or late evening.

Noven, we can assume Ms McIness hired you for security and tranquility during her trip toward the station.
Once there, you discovered what was going on, and were offered a place in the ship.
McIness will pay you standart ' dangerous area' fee for the duration of the trip (with a maximum amount equal to 6 month pay. Food, medicazl care and spaceship provided.

Is that ok ?.

Celjabba
Celjabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:48 AM   #63
nick012000

Urk.

Everyone, just for future reference, can you please try to write your posts as if you were writing a book? This isn't a chatroom; you're not pressed for time. Take your time, and write them properly. It's much more readable that way. Keep typing like that, and your character's going to start suffering the penalties of speaking a language she only has at Broken.

For instance, like this:
Quote:
McInnes floated through the air, the aroma of the fresh-cooked meal wafting through the ship. Placing the food containers over the table, she floats and waits for the others to approach. A good conversation of a freshly-cooked meal is an excellent way to get to know people.

Besides, they had business to deal with, as well; they had to decide their destination. She turned over the possibilities in her mind. Alpha Centauri, A and B. Xiang 53, a brown dwarf a light-year away. Barnard's Star, a system of asteroids reached after a hop past a rogue planet.

Another thought entered her mind as she thought it over: the name of her ship. She didn't particularly like "Atlantis." Maybe "Just Testing," or, if the mythological references are a must, maybe "Argo," the ship that underwent such an epic voyage. After all, they had their own Hercules on board.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:06 AM   #64
Noven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
If tool are needed, GTO carry a cybertool, good as at least basic tools for about anything we may need.

Timezone : CET (gmt+2) here, but i can' t usually access internet at work, so i shall mostly post morning, midday or late evening.

Noven, we can assume Ms McIness hired you for security and tranquility during her trip toward the station.
Once there, you discovered what was going on, and were offered a place in the ship.
McIness will pay you standart ' dangerous area' fee for the duration of the trip (with a maximum amount equal to 6 month pay. Food, medicazl care and spaceship provided.

Is that ok ?.

Celjabba
How much is that and is it in a book that I can look through? =)
Noven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:25 AM   #65
nick012000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noven View Post
How much is that and is it in a book that I can look through? =)
Check out Chapter 5 of Deep Beyond. As for how much... call it a Comfortable job, judging by the job charts in the THS book, so $11,200/month, or $67,200 if she paid you up front. You'll also get $25,000 per month from Independant Income, which'll easily cover your Cost of Living of $2,400/month.

She'd probably be making $560,000 per month, so it's not like it'd be much of an expense for her, either.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #66
Celjabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
Urk.

Everyone, just for future reference, can you please try to write your posts as if you were writing a book? This isn't a chatroom; you're not pressed for time. Take your time, and write them properly. It's much more readable that way. Keep typing like that, and your character's going to start suffering the penalties of speaking a language she only has at Broken.

For instance, like this:
I will do so.
Sorry, i wanted to start and didn't took the time too make a proper write-up.

Please acknowledge, however, that my own english is accented/accented at best and don' t expect a litterary masterwork :)

Celjabba
Old 09-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #67
nick012000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
I will do so.
Sorry, i wanted to start and didn't took the time too make a proper write-up.

Please acknowledge, however, that my own english is accented/accented at best and don' t expect a litterary masterwork :)

Celjabba
That's fair enough. Just take your time, and write it out as best you can. There's no rush.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #68
Noven

Quote:
Check out Chapter 5 of Deep Beyond. As for how much... call it a Comfortable job, judging by the job charts in the THS book, so $11,200/month, or $67,200 if she paid you up front. You'll also get $25,000 per month from Independant Income, which'll easily cover your Cost of Living of $2,400/month.

She'd probably be making $560,000 per month, so it's not like it'd be much of an expense for her, either.
Shucks. The only THS book I got is the Changing times book.
Noven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:59 AM   #69
Celjabba

I will check my books tonight,but i think you can safely assume at least twice those amounts

Celjabba
Old 09-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #70
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Also, Flyndaran, just so I don't misinterpret this: Horse is homosexual? Or bisexual or something, I suppose. There's nothing wrong with that; it just wasn't something I entirely expected. :P
Where did that come from? Did I write something odd somewhere? Sexuality is rarely on my mind these days game wise.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps, transhuman space, traveller