Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 08-29-2004, 08:03 PM   #1
Dr T. Jackson

Default In Nomine: Non-Canon Superiors in games

Afternoon all.

I'd like to hear from all the GMs out there who use Superiors who are not officially "Active" in the canon sense, or who simply don't exist in canon.

Example. My NYC game currently has Uriel AA of Purity in it (he's back!) and a new Archangel of my own invent, Tempest AA of Time.

Take into account the setting of the campaign of course. I would expect an IN game run in the Dark Ages to have Makatiel running around!
Old 08-29-2004, 08:36 PM   #2
bazzalisk

Default Re: In Nomine: Non-Canon Superiors in games

Personaly for my Near-future Biopunk In Nomine game I included:

Azrael: Archangel of Death

Mithras: Archangel of Sacrifice

Apolonion: Demon Prince of the Very Small (including nanotech)

if the game had continued for longer then Archangels of Famine and Taxation would also have turned up ...
bazzalisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:46 PM   #3
Lucius Drake

Hmmm. I have a game in the planning, but if I were to divulge some of the non-canon Superiors, it would rather ruin the whole show. Shame.

Nonetheless, I do have a cyber-punk IN game floating around in my head. I don't remember if I had any non-canon Superiors in specific, but I know that due to it being set some 300-500 years in the future, a lot of AAs & DPs had changed in a great many ways. I do remember that there had been at least a couple who had switched sides in that time.
For the most part, the non-canon bits were the new attunements and foci of the various Superiors.

Jean was the uber-AA, Word-forces bloated to epic proportions, equalled only by Vapula (as cyber-tech, interstellar travel, cryonics, etc... became common-place.
Eli was... still missing.

Oh yeah - Raziel, the Angel of Mysteries becomes the AA of Mysteries (and incredibly powerful once it becomes evidence comes to light that there is, or has been alien life and civilization! What a m/Mystery.

There was at least another new AA, but I don't remember off the top of my head who or what it was.
Ditto for DPs.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:29 AM   #4
brass

I find there is enough of a diversity in the existing superiors to keep things ticking along nicely. Overloading players with too many political slants can be detrimental. But I can see how futuristic campaigns or those set in the past could use aditional superiors.

But still it is really quite fun to write new ones up.

...Tell the others.
brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 07:53 PM   #5
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

For the SSO (Superior Soap Opera), I dumped in a couple of Grigori ones, myself: Miriam, AA of Song, and Jediael, AA of Knowledge. (Yeah, Jean did a double-take too. So did Lilith.)

In the future, which the players tend to know about but the characters don't, we get Kathriel, Malakite AA of Sculpting, and Andre gets a Word-shift to Desire (but he's still an Impudite), and Discovery is on the fast-track to the Big Black Wings. Oh, right, and the Princess of Mystery. Lilim Princess of Mystery. Staciel, Lilim Princess of Mystery -- yet another victory for the manipulative space alien, actually.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:13 PM   #6
Jennifer

Does Blandine, Demon Princess of Delusion count as non-canon?
How about Jean, Commander of the Host?
Or *spoiler deleted* and *spoiler deleted*?

[These are from a futuristic campaign I intend to run one of these days, and I'm likely to invite at least one of the forum regulars to play.]
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:56 PM   #7
Isawa Brian

*cackles* Not too fond of 'em in general, but, well... the ArchDean, and... *points at sig*. The ArchBeth. :)

Cherub of Archives
Isawa Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:01 AM   #8
Demiurgent

I've used some non-canons in the past. My In Nomine page has most of the details. I've gotten some good response for the Eve: Archangel of Women writeup I did as part of an Iron Rev with Moe Lane, once.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:39 AM   #9
Xavier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius Drake
There was at least another new AA, but I don't remember off the top of my head who or what it was.
Ditto for DPs.
I believe it was the AA of Music.
:)
Old 09-07-2004, 05:48 AM   #10
Lucius Drake

Thank you my good man, you are quite correct. It was to be the AA of Music (An ascended Israfel after it became obvious that Eli just wasn't coming back!

Xavier, take a bow - good work! :)