Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #31
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: Modified Super Heal Power

If you are going the Affliction + Regeneration route, take a look at Blood of the Martyr in the Saintly Power-Ups article in Pyramid #3/50, p. 18. Modify it to taste, this version is specifically crafted for high special effects budget Dungeon Fantasy. Still, I believe it to be well worth the 186 point price, but for a Supers game, I would remove some of the limitations.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #32
Nosforontu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arz View Post
Hi!

I played for a long time Gurps 3e and now, after years stationary, I am going back to 4e.

I'm trying to create a power that allows me to heal wounds on a campaign Supers - 500 points. I have both basic modules and the "powers". Would like something that allow me to heal companions in hard battles (maybe 10hp per use?), using a skill check in every attempt and without the constraint -3 for each use as it has done in healing power (B59). As I did not find the enhancement “affects others” like in Super 3e, idk if this was banned in 4e.
Thanks a lot!

How about putting Reliable on your Healing ability its 5% a level and is limited to a +10 but that +10 will only cost you an extra 15 points on your power. Then stick Requires Skill Roll [0% since it already has a IQ roll connected to it] of a medical skill (First aid, Diagnosis or physician all seem reasonable). This would allow you to bump your skill up by 1 for 4 points afterwards or roughly every 12 points spent on the skill buys off a full -3 penalty for repeated rolls.

Then just either load up with either Energy reserve for healing battery to draw on or high level regeneration [Fatigue] (0%) to keep your FP fully stocked.

You could also go with Affliction [Advantage Healing] (300%) and stick malediction on it (100%) which would cost you 50 points which would let you hit someone with a ray that temporarily gives them the healing advantage to heal themselves.
Nosforontu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #33
Arz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
If you are going the Affliction + Regeneration route, take a look at Blood of the Martyr in the Saintly Power-Ups article in Pyramid #3/50, p. 18. Modify it to taste, this version is specifically crafted for high special effects budget Dungeon Fantasy. Still, I believe it to be well worth the 186 point price, but for a Supers game, I would remove some of the limitations.
Hi Kuroshima!

I will try check it, thanks for advice ;)
Arz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #34
Arz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosforontu View Post
How about putting Reliable on your Healing ability its 5% a level and is limited to a +10 but that +10 will only cost you an extra 15 points on your power. Then stick Requires Skill Roll [0% since it already has a IQ roll connected to it] of a medical skill (First aid, Diagnosis or physician all seem reasonable). This would allow you to bump your skill up by 1 for 4 points afterwards or roughly every 12 points spent on the skill buys off a full -3 penalty for repeated rolls.

Then just either load up with either Energy reserve for healing battery to draw on or high level regeneration [Fatigue] (0%) to keep your FP fully stocked.

You could also go with Affliction [Advantage Healing] (300%) and stick malediction on it (100%) which would cost you 50 points which would let you hit someone with a ray that temporarily gives them the healing advantage to heal themselves.
Hello Nosforontu

Reliable is in my mad plan! But in some way like Ghostdancer posted in page 2, in a imba combo. The main idea is be a "only healer", just like a MMO Cleric or something close. The Affliction -Advantage Healing will make a bit hard to my targets receive cumulatives heals of themselves, coz of -3 stack for use :)
Arz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #35
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Hero System, IIRC, limits it by total healing per target per day, so that one character has the ability to heal 6 HP per target per day, and another 15 HP.

Doing it like that removes the challenge element of choosing whether to do small or large heals, though, and I do think that that's an important in-character decision.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #36
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arz View Post
Hello Nosforontu

Reliable is in my mad plan! But in some way like Ghostdancer posted in page 2, in a imba combo. The main idea is be a "only healer", just like a MMO Cleric or something close. The Affliction -Advantage Healing will make a bit hard to my targets receive cumulatives heals of themselves, coz of -3 stack for use :)
You could throw in Area Effect on Affliction: Regeneration, then add Selective Area to avoid healing the enemy. Add Emanation and you don't even have to roll to hit.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote