Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:51 AM   #41
DSumner

Default Re: The unofficial new units thread

I'd like to see the Nihon Secondary Batteries and "Superwire" AP guns added to the formula (I'd like to see some "official" info on the Superwire guns period). Did you guys take a look at tmy MkII-B? What'd you thnk of it?
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:44 AM   #42
hcobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner
I'd like to see the Nihon Secondary Batteries and "Superwire" AP guns added to the formula (I'd like to see some "official" info on the Superwire guns period). Did you guys take a look at tmy MkII-B? What'd you thnk of it?
The Superwire guns from GURPS Vehicles will bounce off the battlesuit armor in GURPS OGRE, so I made up workable stats for them.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #43
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb
The Superwire guns from GURPS Vehicles will bounce off the battlesuit armor in GURPS OGRE, so I made up workable stats for them.
I'm hoping that well see something on them from the man himself, along with a comment or two on the Nihon Secondaries.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #44
DSumner

Here's my version of the Ogre Tertiary Battery: An Attack of 2, a range of 2 (4"), and a Defense of 2. For those Ogres operating ona budget.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #45
DSumner

Here's a couple of GEV designs.

Light Missile GEV: LMGEV - They have an attack strength of 2, a range of 3 (6"), a defense strength of 1, and a movement of 3/2 (6"/4"). The cost 1 armor unit, and are worth 6 victory points. Developed with the Assistance of their Paneuropean Allies, they debuted near the end of the Last War. (basically they give up speed for increased range and fire power. See how they work out for you).

Heavy GEV: HGEV - They have an attack strength of 4, a range of 3 (6"), a defense strength of 3, and a movement of 4/3 (8"/6"). They cost 2 armor units, and are worth 12 victory points. Initially developed by the Nihon Empire, they saw extensive use as a light patrol craft along the Pacific Rim. A separate assault model was developed for transporting troops.

Last edited by DSumner; 09-25-2015 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #46
DSumner

Mortar Carrier: They have an attack strength of 2, a range of 5(10"), a defense strength of 2, and a movement of 3 (6"). They cost 1 armor unit, and are worth 6 victory points. Basically light, mobile, long range fire power. Say something like this - http://images.picpile.com/uploads/271397173.jpg (the proposed Non-line of Site Mortar).

Last edited by DSumner; 03-12-2006 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:13 PM   #47
DSumner

Laser Anti-Personnel Guns: Laser AP guns were first developed by the Nihon Empire, in the late 2090’s, as laser technology became more compact. There first recorded use was against guerillas operating in what was once Vietnam and Laos. Soon thereafter, variants of the system began to appear on several Combine and Paneuropean Ogres. The systems either used a “gatling” style laser array or a high-intensity “pulse” laser, both proved to be devastating against lightly armored targets. They have an Attack Strength 2 (only vs. Infantry, CPs, or unarmored targets), a Range of 1 (2”), and a Defense of 1.

Last edited by DSumner; 01-28-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:06 PM   #48
piningforthefjords

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner
Mortar: They have an attack strength of 2, a range of 5(10"), a defense strength of 2, and a movement of 3 (6"). They cost 1 armor unit, and are worth 6 victory points. Basically light, mobile, long range fire power. Say something like this - http://images.picpile.com/uploads/271397173.jpg (the proposed Non-line of Site Mortar).
This would be a tough unit to fight against, it could push GEVs back (range 7), works out to exactly 6 points on Henry's calculator when it moves like a LT. I thought it would be more.

Better than a missile tank!
Old 03-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #49
DSumner

I'm figuring it would be equivalent to the M1064A3 self-propelled mortar carriers (modified versions of the M-113 APC). The ones I used to see had a 120mm mortars onboard. Basically it's designed light mobile artillery, but with an attack and defense strength of only 2, it would have to stay out of range of the heavier stuff and wear you down.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:01 PM   #50
Jalinth

I was just playing around with GURPS: Vehicle Builder. I had entered the Mk V ogre and was playing with stats. Here are a couple of things that I came up with, converted to Ogre/Ogre minis terms. All these units move at the same speed as a normal MK V. No I would not want to play in a game with the last two.

Ogre Mk V - Missile Tank: Remove the Ogre Missiles. Add 3 - Attack 1, R8", Def 3 turrets.

What I did was take a Secondary Turret and replace the gun with the Launch rail from a missile tank. Missile tanks carry three, so I added 3 turrets. Easy, and not that super unbalenced. At least compared to what is coming up next.

Ogre Mk V - Howitzer: Remove the Ogre Missiles. Add 2 - Attack 6 R12" Def 4 turrets.

Yep. It works. An Ogre with 2 mobile howitzers on the back. Scary eh? Just you wait.

Ogre Mk V - UberHowitzer: Remove all non AP weapons. Add 6(!) Attack 6 R12" Def 4 turrets.

And there it is. UberMunchkins delight. It's an ogre that carries 6 unlimited ammo ogre missiles with extra range. How would YOU stop it?

Lessons Learned - Converting units from GURPS:OGRE to Ogre is very dangerous. The Ogre Cyber-Walker I did is a MKV but with legs. It moves like a MKIV and the legs can take more damage then the MKV's tracks.

-Originally Posted by "copeab" on the SJG forums
2. I would not call an AK-47 'delicate.'
Jalinth is offline   Reply With Quote