Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #11
Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: A couple of strange questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
The difference between Testicle Tuck and No/Light Menses is 1 point. Maybe there's another point I'm missing.
Reproductive Control is [1], so that plus No/Light Menses = Testicle Tuck.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #12
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
Reproductive Control is [1], so that plus No/Light Menses = Testicle Tuck.
Arguably not a fair comparison, since males would still need to pay 1 point for reproductive control too. OTOH, most adventurers would pick Sterile [0] instead.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #13
Keiko
Banned

Quote:
Essentially, human males start with an implicit weakness worth -2 and females with an implicit weakness worth -1 point. Even in a 25-pt campaign, the difference is minimal.
True. But, while I can't speak for all games from my experience groin blows (or the potential for them) come up in the play much more often than issues arising from a female's menstrual cycle (which is often treated like other biological functions, handwaved/ignored, again IME) so the situation isn't completely analogous.
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #14
Keiko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
Bio-Tech has some materials about it. Especially in regard to your 2nd question.
GURPS Biotech. Until you mentioned it I wouldn't have thought of it but in hindsight is seems obvious. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #15
Keiko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Mapmaker View Post
You might get some use out of this thread gender in GURPS..... It focuses more on gender and orientation and being politically correct, but there you go.

As for your second question, it all depends on setting and character. On the most generic physical level you should decide whether this gives a male's increased vulnerability to groin attacks. If not, you can just slap the Hermaphroditism feature (BIO 59) on it and be done with the basic physical stuff. If yes, then you also have doubled shock penalties from groin hits (B 399). That wouldn't give you any points as a male, but getting rid of it costs 2 points (Testicle Tuck, BIO 172). It would depend on your GM how to handle this.

The whole social connotations are a completely different can of worms and really too much to get into without some extra information. Have a look at the thread I linked above to get an idea how to handle gender/orientation issues in society.
Thank you for the link. I'll check it out.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #16
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
True. But, while I can't speak for all games from my experience groin blows (or the potential for them) come up in the play much more often than issues arising from a female's menstrual cycle (which is often treated like other biological functions, handwaved/ignored, again IME) so the situation isn't completely analogous.
True. OTOH, IME the risks of fertility for females were always emphasised as much or more than groin attacks for males, even before the official rules came out. Interestingly, while low-tech fantasy characters should be concerned about relatively fussy and inefficient contraceptives, even low-tech abortions, both biochemical and physical, are relatively safe and accessible by RAW. Assuming the character is okay with the concept.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

As for the mention of the netbook, while obviously only of partial relevance, Social Engineering has some useable advice and mechanics on such things as romance or seduction.

Also, another rather narrow thread, but partially relevant to the netbook.

Also, assuming you're not a schoolgirl, try inviting Mark Skarr to the discussion. (I'm warning since the name seems to match the other half of the criteria.)

Explanation: Mark Skarr being the forum pervert / tentacle monster . . .

Last edited by vicky_molokh; 03-24-2013 at 10:02 AM.
vicky_molokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
Gold & Appel Inc

Quote:
Arguably not a fair comparison, since males would still need to pay 1 point for reproductive control too. OTOH, most adventurers would pick Sterile [0] instead.
Sure, but from a soulless game mechanical perspective, knocking somebody else up instead of being on the receiving end is only a problem if your other Disadvantages (or local legal authorities) say it is. Recovering from a kick in the junk is easier than raising a child or arranging for an abortion, presuming that one is even available in-setting.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #19
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
Sure, but from a soulless game mechanical perspective, knocking somebody else up instead of being on the receiving end is only a problem if your other Disadvantages (or local legal authorities) say it is. Recovering from a kick in the junk is easier than raising a child or arranging for an abortion, presuming that one is even available in-setting.
Really depends on the law and mores of the setting, and the psychology of the character. Particularly, ask whswhs to tell a story about it.
Also, as I said, abortions are surprisingly easy and safe in GURPS, even in Low-Tech.

So basically, a 'soulless' character will have little to no trouble either way, while a 'soulful' one will likely have problems either way. Too much depends on circumstances, characters, setting etc.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #20
Gold & Appel Inc

Quote:
Really depends on the law and mores of the setting, and the psychology of the character. Particularly, ask whswhs to tell a story about it.
Also, as I said, abortions are surprisingly easy and safe in GURPS, even in Low-Tech.

So basically, a 'soulless' character will have little to no trouble either way, while a 'soulful' one will likely have problems either way. Too much depends on circumstances, characters, setting etc.
Right, it's dependent on other traits and the setting, not necessarily a problem in-and-of-itself like it is for women in certain settings (eg: the rapey Fishmen CoC game my BFF found herself in recently), so I figure we can leave it out while striving to figure out what balances immunity to being kicked in the 11s while still keeping it available for the player here and there who doesn't just want to take Sterile [0].

Tags
futanari, gurps sex