Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-16-2017, 11:22 PM   #21
KarlKost

Default Re: RoS How did Overmind Do what it did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTTG View Post
I really would like to have a VIRUS handbook of possible outcomes and human uprisings, and what the AIs are doing to prevent it.

MC would be an especially interesting one to fall and be replaced by humans, since its territory is pretty much uninhabitable by now.
I guess the AIs would make a new one to stay there, no way they would give it to humans, and I dont think anyone of them would like to see Caracas, Washington and Denver with more territory.

Probably they could ask Berlim and London again to do it;_Berlim's obssession about environment probably is seem as pretty harmless by others, and London is also too neutral to cause worries (and that's why I think those were the ones choosen to build Caracas). Perhaps they would let Caracas help in that too
KarlKost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:31 AM   #22
Boomerang

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTTG View Post
I really would like to have a VIRUS handbook of possible outcomes and human uprisings, and what the AIs are doing to prevent it.

MC would be an especially interesting one to fall and be replaced by humans, since its territory is pretty much uninhabitable by now.
The main advantage VIRUS has is how dispersed it is. It is unlikely to focus on only one zone mind.
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #23
Johnny1A.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKost View Post
I guess the AIs would make a new one to stay there, no way they would give it to humans, and I dont think anyone of them would like to see Caracas, Washington and Denver with more territory.

Probably they could ask Berlim and London again to do it;_Berlim's obssession about environment probably is seem as pretty harmless by others, and London is also too neutral to cause worries (and that's why I think those were the ones choosen to build Caracas). Perhaps they would let Caracas help in that too
As noted, it would depend on the AI politics. If Caracas can't have the territory, it would want to be able to help program the new AI, or at least have Berlin take part. OTOH, if for political reasons neither z-Caracas nor z-Denver are permitted to help program the new AI, z-Caracas might be willing to entertain the idea of humans holding it, because they would have to work to restore the ecology there, where another AI might not care.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #24
KarlKost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1A.2 View Post
As noted, it would depend on the AI politics. If Caracas can't have the territory, it would want to be able to help program the new AI, or at least have Berlin take part. OTOH, if for political reasons neither z-Caracas nor z-Denver are permitted to help program the new AI, z-Caracas might be willing to entertain the idea of humans holding it, because they would have to work to restore the ecology there, where another AI might not care.
I dont think Denver would like humans as neighbors.

And I believe that Washington would HATE a nation of free humans next to its servants.

I do believe that Caracas could be more lenient with humans, at least, much more than Berlim. I can only think of it as London's influence
Old 04-17-2017, 08:36 PM   #25
Johnny1A.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKost View Post
I dont think Denver would like humans as neighbors.
I agree. That was a type on my part, I meant z-Berlin. Another AI that would work to try to restore the z-MC territory to health.

Quote:

And I believe that Washington would HATE a nation of free humans next to its servants.
No doubt. It would be a huge, freaking headache for keep control.

Hmm...I could imagine the collective AIs being unable to decide on what do with the territory if something knocked out z-MC. The conflicting agendas might lead to them deciding to treat that territory the way they do Antarctica, as a 'forbidden zone' or a common possession, sort of like West Berlin right after World War II.

Which would lead to some interesting possibilities.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:23 PM   #26
KarlKost

There are still another factor, and it's one that could potentially change the course of this war: it's the second revolt.

The importance of this event may be even bigger than Overmind's rebellion. Those indepent machines can ally themselves as a way to make an unified front, a common defense alliance against the demi gods AIs. They can turn the AIs factories into "breeding grounds" of "their kind", turning the AIs power against themselves.

But, since the AIs are the big dogs over there, there is a HUGE chance that many of those robots would turn over to the humans as allies.

What I think is that, in the end, there will be three "races" on the planet - humans, AIs, and the free robots. They'll have to reach an agreement in the future, probably.

Also, I think that Berlim can be convinced to use humans instead of being genocidal towards them - Tokyo also changed its mind about humans. If Berlim can be convinced that humans can RESTORE the enviroment, and be convinced of its uselfulness for its purposes - for example, humans can be sent to other zones to collect specimens so that Berlim can preserve the DNA, a thing it would not dare do for the risk of being caught violeting other AIs zones. Also, humans can safely be used against the worse offenders of enviroment - with the exception of MC, which is perhaps too toxic for humans to go, but many other zones are very polluted, like Zaire for example. Those are AIs that Berlim would probably LOVE to "replace". If Berlim can be convinced of those, it could change its mind.

Tags
reign of steel