Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 08-28-2014, 06:53 PM   #1
UncleBob

Default Sleeve Suggestions

So, after playing Munchkin: Adventure Time with some newer (and younger) players, I got nervous and decided to sleeve them. After doing some research, I decided to go with the Mayfair sleeves, as they seem to be the cheapest, best fitting choice out there.

I ordered six packs of their standard sleeves and one pack of their over-sized sleeves. This allowed me to sleeve all of M:AT (including the Character Cards), Apocalypse (minus the seals), Mars Attacks, Sheep Impact, My Munchkinomicon, Fairy Dust/Dice, All of my Dungeons (but one), and the related promo cards.

I'll still need a lot of sleeves for my Fantasy deck (like 2,000) and Impossible, but I was curious...

1.) Anyone found good sleeves for the Seals from Apocalypse?
2.) Anyone found a good sleeve for the Warehouse 23 Dungeon?
3.) The Mayfair sleeves seem really slick... I worry about sleeving all of my Fantasy cards, then trying to stack them. Anyone have any other suggestions for good sleeves that stack well?
UncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
DimebagDrl

Default Re: Sleeve Suggestions

The apocalypse seals fit in 70mm x 70mm sleeves.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131279332900...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 08-28-2014, 08:34 PM   #3
bonetm

3) The sleeves are slick at first, but with use they will be just fine.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #4
UncleBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagDrl View Post
The apocalypse seals fit in 70mm x 70mm sleeves.
Thanks! Great to know! I'll have to check at my FLishGS if I run by tomorrow and see if they have any. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
3) The sleeves are slick at first, but with use they will be just fine.
Thanks too! Also great to know!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
Myranda

Now that M:AT is on order. I have or will have all the core sets and all but a handful of expansions... while I like the sleeves from Mayday Games finding anywhere that stocks enough to sleeve my whole collection is like trying to find genuine rockinghorse poops.

While I'm not suggesting it - if one day SJG did a "premium" copy of games with a set of card sleeves enough to sleeve the whole lot, I'd probably be willing to pay more than the sleeves would normally be worth separately - just to know I definitely had enough all the time (e.g. if RRP of card sleeves for a core set would be about $4 I'd be happy to pay $5 extra). Just putting that out there in case the idea takes root ;-)

Love my Munchkins and want them to last for eva!!! ;-)
Myranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #6
DimebagDrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
Thanks! Great to know! I'll have to check at my FLishGS if I run by tomorrow and see if they have any. :D
If your game store is L-ish, you should probably just call and ask if it's in stock instead of taking the long trip. If they say they don't have it, they should be willing to special order it for you and call you when it's in so you only have to make one trip.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:40 AM   #7
goose

Which size of sleeves to get you get for the regular cards and the dungeons? I am looking to do this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
So, after playing Munchkin: Adventure Time with some newer (and younger) players, I got nervous and decided to sleeve them. After doing some research, I decided to go with the Mayfair sleeves, as they seem to be the cheapest, best fitting choice out there.

I ordered six packs of their standard sleeves and one pack of their over-sized sleeves. This allowed me to sleeve all of M:AT (including the Character Cards), Apocalypse (minus the seals), Mars Attacks, Sheep Impact, My Munchkinomicon, Fairy Dust/Dice, All of my Dungeons (but one), and the related promo cards.

I'll still need a lot of sleeves for my Fantasy deck (like 2,000) and Impossible, but I was curious...

1.) Anyone found good sleeves for the Seals from Apocalypse?
2.) Anyone found a good sleeve for the Warehouse 23 Dungeon?
3.) The Mayfair sleeves seem really slick... I worry about sleeving all of my Fantasy cards, then trying to stack them. Anyone have any other suggestions for good sleeves that stack well?
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:20 AM   #8
UncleBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose View Post
Which size of sleeves to get you get for the regular cards and the dungeons? I am looking to do this as well.
Regular Cards

Dungeons & Adventure Time Character Cards
Old 08-31-2014, 01:04 PM   #9
goose

Thank you.
goose is offline   Reply With Quote