Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
ZeeGhoulFiend

Default Clerics resurrect ability

The cleric has the ability to draw from the discard pile instead of drawing one from the deck whenever they are pulling a card face up has caused some confusions for my friends. Heck me too!

However, as I see it a cleric can draw ONE card (the top most one) while kicking down the door, but they must discard a DOOR card (not a treasure card) if they do. True? Also, does it matter if the DOOR card is in play, or in hand?

If true, exactly what DOOR cards can they actually resurrect? Any? Including curses (although why would you!), or any other NON-monster card?

Next, when it comes to drawing treasure cards face up (which I understand is only when the cleric gets help, or helps another munchkin during combat), can they check the treasure discard pile before using their ability?

Thus, if they have 3 treasure cards (in hand) and they want to use their resurrect ability, are they allowed to SEE what is in the treasure discard pile before attempting it? Also, must they declare before hand that they intend to discard XX number of treasure cards before actually doing it. In other words, do they need to say how many they want to pull, before they can take any treasure?
ZeeGhoulFiend is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abilities, cleric, discard