Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 12-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
malachi666

Default In Nomine Font?

Is the font that was used in the book titles and subtitles avialable anywhere? I just love it!
malachi666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine Font?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malachi666 View Post
Is the font that was used in the book titles and subtitles avialable anywhere? I just love it!
Quoted directly from the In Nomine FAQ:

What is the name of that cool headline typeface? Is it public domain? Where did you get it?

The name of the typeface is "Skreech Caps". It is not public domain and was created by the [T.26] type foundry in Chicago. SJG bought it through Precision Type Inc., of Commack, NY. As far as we know Precision Type doesn't have a webpage, but their phone number is 1-800-248-3668 if you want to order something from them.

T.26 currently offers Skreech Caps for both PC and Mac, at $29 for either version or $43.50 for both. (NOTE: Link is http://www.t26.com/fonts/372-Skreech-Caps)

Some similar typefaces that resemble Skreech Caps can be found at Fonts for Freaks at http://www.gothic.net/~tygre/.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
Jason

Thirty bucks ain't much for a font. I bought it just to use on my own character sheets...

(EDIT to add: But I hate the lowercase S, and apparently somebody at SJG does too, as the uppercase S is used even in words that have lowercase letters in them in several publications. I'm trying to figure out a way to edit the font file so it shares the same baseline with the other letters...)
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Azel

I will admit, when I first saw IN in a game store, the font had caught my eye and added gravitas to the game. It's even more pleasing when used with Latin -- the "Liber" series of books have easily some of the coolest looking and sounding titles in RPG-dom.
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
Orlin

I was searching the archives when I saw this. You know, I put together an In Nomine character sheet that I'm rather proud of. The only problem is, it's still in Word Format...

Anyone know where this .doc file can get some love?
Old 12-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlin View Post
I was searching the archives when I saw this. You know, I put together an In Nomine character sheet that I'm rather proud of. The only problem is, it's still in Word Format...

Anyone know where this .doc file can get some love?
Not sure if I understand what you are asking, but I cannot love your .doc file. To win my affection, save to PDF.

(On a Mac, this is as easy as just choosing "File → Print...", and clicking on the "PDF..." button in the lower left to choose "Save as PDF," no matter what program you are in. On a PC, search online for "save .doc to PDF" and you will get multiple websites offering plugins to various versions of Word that will allow you to save to a PDF.)
Old 12-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
Orlin

Yeah, that was the problem -- the file is stuck in .doc format until I can find a way to make it a PDF. If you can point me in the direction of a PDF Converter, I'll happily use that, but there aren't any options in my version of MS Word that use this option.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
Jason

Quote:
Yeah, that was the problem -- the file is stuck in .doc format until I can find a way to make it a PDF. If you can point me in the direction of a PDF Converter, I'll happily use that, but there aren't any options in my version of MS Word that use this option.
What version of Word?
Old 12-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #9
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Well the a good chance open office can open your .doc file, ant it has a PDF converter extension if not core.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #10
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
Well the a good chance open office can open your .doc file, ant it has a PDF converter extension if not core.
If you don't want to load OpenOffice (it's free, but huge), my coworker suggests "Cute PDF". I've used it here at work--it shows up in the printer menus of most software as if it were a printer.

Tags
font, meta