Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #51
Blood Legend

Default Re: The Low Tech You want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molokh
You didn't understand. It's not a funny character idea, but a true part of my biography (or many other people's, for that matter).
No I understand. And I didn't say it was funny, said it was awesome.

Not "awesome dude" but like "hm inspiring."

"This is the sort of relatively small error that destroys planetary probes." ~Bruno
Blood Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #52
Gudiomen

All I want are historical weights for armor... all armor. I don't care if it's just a side-bar, or if it's a whole chapter on how to ajust weights and other game elements accordingly. The "I can barely move!" armored knights simply crap up our historical games.
Hell, I'll settle for a footnote. Just aknowledge and correct this.

For the rest, I hope to see the high-quality stuff of 3e Low-Tech (wich I happily own) taken a step further and updated to 4e. Otherwise, not much in my wish list... but this will be a certain buy for me.

Cheers.
Gudiomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #53
Gizensha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakkerjakk
I don't know about this. I think its reasonable to expect Low-Tech to cover period weapons in about the same detail as High Tech and Ultra Tech cover their periods.
When I said 'not as much detail as HT' I was meaning 'about as much detail as UT'. As in, I'd expect, partially due to MA, LT to only need the ~60 pages on weapons that UT has compared to the ~120 pages on weapons HT has.
Gizensha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #54
Þorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

I want 256 pages filled with interesting stuff, and help with find said interesting stuff in the book.

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Þorkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #55
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole
Horses. Lots of horses. Breeds, cost to obtain, maintain. Realistic and Epic travel distances. How feed, fodder, and "breakdowns" will affect travel. Slow and fast speeds for horseback or camelback travel. Nearly every fantasy epic has this stuff as background, from just transport to fighting while mounted with hand weapons to lances and pistols and cavalry charges - still done at least once, I believe, in WWI, and certainly through TL5 like the US Civil War and the Crimea.
For that much detail, Bestiary would be a more likely title.

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #56
Gedrin

I'd like a "making things" section in all the X-Tech books. Or maybe an e23 "GURPS - Forge". My PC's have a habit of learning crafty and buildy type skills. Every campaign there's at least one of 'em. I'd like a better idea of how long it takes to make things the tools required, and the expense of crafting them yourself.
Gedrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #57
Dangerious P. Cats

I'd like to see some cross over with Martial Arts, the appendix in high tech was really cool.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #58
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs
For that much detail, Bestiary would be a more likely title.

Bill Stoddard
Erk. You may be right. HT and UT didn't spend much time on transport, so I could see LT not doing so either. Still, it would be nice to have on the order of a few pages of solid text and sidebar on using horses (both from a PC and GM point of view) in the game.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #59
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole
Erk. You may be right. HT and UT didn't spend much time on transport, so I could see LT not doing so either. Still, it would be nice to have on the order of a few pages of solid text and sidebar on using horses (both from a PC and GM point of view) in the game.
The technology would fit in fine, no problem. The breeding of horses deserves a note as a form of technological advance, from the ponies of TL1 to the riding horses of TL2 to the somewhat taller and heavier horses of TL3. But detailed lists of breeds, going beyond what's already in the Basic Set, belong in a book about animals, not one about gadgets.

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:41 AM   #60
Apache
On Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudiomen
All I want are historical weights for armor... all armor. I don't care if it's just a side-bar, or if it's a whole chapter on how to ajust weights and other game elements accordingly. The "I can barely move!" armored knights simply crap up our historical games.
Hell, I'll settle for a footnote. Just aknowledge and correct this.

For the rest, I hope to see the high-quality stuff of 3e Low-Tech (wich I happily own) taken a step further and updated to 4e. Otherwise, not much in my wish list... but this will be a certain buy for me.

Cheers.
Second the motion. One thing that truly irritates me is the obviously incorrect armor weights in 4e Basic.

Tags
cabaret chicks on ice, low-tech