Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2020, 01:16 PM   #1
Shostak

Default Colorful Characters

It might be fun to have a thread devoted to character backstories and how they give meaning to stats and talents. To kick it off, here's one for a PC I created for a new campaign I'm playing in (a tweaked version of The Crown of Eternity) His character sheet is below, and I've posted a greatly elaborated backstory on my blog (some language MNBSFW). Note: in our group, PCs get a mundane talent for fee.

Ikuru Yositsudo
a.k.a.: Father Kegs, His Holiness (this last one usually when people are upset with him)

ST 14
DX 12 (adj 10)
IQ: 11
MA: 10 (adj 8)

Weapons: Two Handed Sword 3D6 - 1, dagger 1D6 - 1
Armor: Leather: 2 hits
HTH: 1D6
HTH w/ dagger: 1D6 +2

Handicap: Oversexed (2 points)

Talents
Mundane Talent (0): Brewer
Language: Nataro (0)
Language: Elyntian (1)
Sword & Knife (2)
Toughness (4)
Swimming (1)
Priest (1)
Sex Appeal (1)
Seamanship (1)

Ikuru's parents were sea merchants from Nataro, who placed him in a monastery to become a priest. This monastery is famous for its beer and its martial arts training, and he became adept at both brewing and the art of the sword. Ikuru also grew to be quite handsome, so much so that he constantly attracted the attention of local shepherdesses. After sneaking several young washerwomen into the novices’ quarters on the night of an important holy day, Ikuru was expelled from the monastery. Needing to make a living, he capitalized on his skills and became first a sailor, which took him to the distant port of Arcsom, where he became a brewer. But, he soon realized that he got more girls if he worked as a bouncer, and that the money from being a mercenary kept the girls even more attentive.

Father Kegs is a large man, nearly seven-feet-tall, with the body of an athlete; he exercises and meditates with devotion. He is considerate, personable, and calm. He often answers questions and banters in combat with opaque koans. He will always take time to say a prayer for those he has killed, and he seldom misses the chance to chat up the fairer sex.

Last edited by Shostak; 07-24-2020 at 08:28 PM. Reason: added link caution
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backstory, blogs, characters, color