Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #31
Crakkerjakk
"Gimme 18 minutes . . ."

Default Re: [DF] Armor Cost and Low Tech

In my DF games only dwarves make TL 4 armor. And charge through the nose for it for nondwarves.

Semper Fi
Crakkerjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:58 AM   #32
mhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakkerjakk View Post
In my DF games only dwarves make TL 4 armor. And charge through the nose for it for nondwarves.
And make it hard for you to get some decent cavalry armor?

In the fantasy game (only slightly DF) that I'm currently prepping I plan to include a dwarf-like race with a more Wagnerian mindset (instead of the usual honorable, proud Tolkien stuff). They keep the good stuff for themselves but sell mass-produced munitions armor to the longshanks. IMC this will probably be more akin to the Lorica Segmentata, but could easily be said about TL 4 plate, too.

This is based on a half-remembered factoid about plate being less labor-intensive than mail (something I have to research a bit more before starting play). For your own people, have something that lasts generations. Chain fits the part, as it's easy enough to repair and versatile to wear. Make it out of a proper material (depending on your campaign, either good steel, bronze or even "mithril").

The humans get cheap plate. Colored black, to make it look cooler for them and prevent rust from showing to early.

My dwarves are bastards.
mhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:04 AM   #33
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I have the full list of revisions up on my wiki along with an Armor List with all that stuff already done for players.
Will you marry me?

Tags
dungeon fantasy, low-tech