Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 11-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
Drakyrias

Default Holy Bullets and Celestial Form

Can Holy bulets and pistols be used from Corporeal to affect celestial forms?

i.e.: Cherub of War is chasing Balseraph of Fire.
The Balseraph decides to go Celestial since he's got a pretty strong will and if the battle continues there he thinks he can get away or win.
The Cherub has a Holy Pistol and a few bullets. He makes his perception roll to see the Balseraph, and he shoots the Holy pistol at it.

I know Celestial Artifacts can be taken with you into Celestial form, but do they effect the Celestial regardless for current form?
Drakyrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Holy Bullets and Celestial Form

Very, very few Corporeal things can affect a being in Celestial form. I don't believe Holy Bullets are one of those few things...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
Phoenix42

Default Re: Holy Bullets and Celestial Form

Generally, no - the bullet is corporeal. The extra damage it does is specific to damaging vessels, which is why they will damage both angelic and demonic vessels (and ethereal vessels, if I am not mistaken).

However, the larger issue of whether corporeal attacks can damage celestial forms may be interesting. In our group (GURPS IN), we introduced special targeted attacks that you can make with flaming weapons in order to damage the celestial form of a foe in a corporeal vessel. However, when you do so, part of the vessel hitpoints are counted as DR, so it's a tricky business and requires some skill, even for a celestial. Still, the opportunity of damaging the celestial form is worth something, so most of the pcs are trying for it.

The in-game reason why this, imho, can be argued to work, is that flaming weapons exist, and can do damage, in both the celestial and corporeal realms. The trick is to make your weapon "shift" in the crucial moment when you strike the enemy. I'm open to discussion on that one, mind you - just thought I'd throw it in, see what you think.
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combat