Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Board and Dice Games

Old 11-19-2019, 06:12 PM   #1
Ashaman

Default Deadly Doodles debate

Just picked up this game to play with the kids and grandparents and so far we are all loving it!! We have however stumbled into a small rules discussion and seem to split 50/50 on how to house rule it...

Do you only score at the end of the game or do you score as you play each round ? This seems to come into play mainly when dealing with the monsters, as if you can wait until the end of the game, there is no penalty to running into Monster A on round 2 without Weapon A , if you pick weapon A up on round 4. Half the crowd feels like running into the monsters room without the weapon already picked up results in a -2 penalty immediately, while the other half feels like you have until end of game to pick up said weapon. Any light you can shine would be fantastic!

TLDR : Can you pickup matching monster weapons ANYTIME during the game or do you need to have said Monsters weapon before you enter his room.

Thanks!!
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:06 AM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Deadly Doodles debate

All scoring is at the end of the game.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:06 AM   #3
philreed
I do stuff and things.

And if you're looking for more maps for the game, the expansion is now up for preorder:

https://deadlydoodles2.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:47 AM   #4
Anaraxes

Speaking of Deadly Doodles 2, any news for the Kickstarter progress? The last update was mid-November, and mentioned having a slight delay due to some necessary revisions. Is there an estimated arrival time at fulfillment, and from there delivery (to US customers, in my case)?

It's that time of the year, so if it's not going to make it by Christmas, I need to go line up some alternate presents.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:18 AM   #5
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Speaking of Deadly Doodles 2, any news for the Kickstarter progress? The last update was mid-November, and mentioned having a slight delay due to some necessary revisions. Is there an estimated arrival time at fulfillment, and from there delivery (to US customers, in my case)?

It's that time of the year, so if it's not going to make it by Christmas, I need to go line up some alternate presents.
The campaign reward levels show an expected delivery of March 2020 to U.S. backers.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #6
Anaraxes

Thanks!

(Now, for the backup plan...)
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote