Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #121
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

The Dog is thankfully well behaved, seemingly able to tell when he should be friendly and when he should lie down and nap.

Rider is still unconvinced that Hysop is one of his people and refuses to tell Peter his 'name': the thing they use among themselves. Getting an opportunity to speak with Mr. Hysop alone isn't difficult after the errends around town are done. Mr. Hysop seems to own several businesses as well as having a political role.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #122
the_matrix_walker

Peter decides to make an attempt without Rider's help. He keeps close watch on Mr. Hysop's reaction as he says...

"I'm interested in hearing more about how this place is different from home... I've heard here are strange creatures and spirits in the woods... ever see anything like that?"
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #123
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Hysop: "It ain't a rumor boy. There are demons out there. We don't know why they're there, but they possess people and turn them into monsters. They keep on trying to take over our society. Something of an ambitious streak, I suppose. Every so often one of them will start attacks on the rest of us. They turn into some sort of beast to do it, and then sneak in and hit their target. It happens to both us and the Indians. Some claim they can only take over if you give them permission, but I don't know about that. There are two cures: death or an exorcism, and neither of them are that reliable. If you see some spirit out there, or even in town, or some half-human beast, get out. Its got enough power to smash you flat."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #124
the_matrix_walker

"Take over? How are they trying to take over?"
Old 04-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #125
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Hysop: "They wish to be the rulers. Win elections, get appointed as judges, and so forth. I suppose its not anything new: enough of us have ambitious streaks, but they tend to play by different rules. Killing opponents is one of their favorite tactics. And they have a habit of trying to change up the church. No idea what that's about. I don't think they're demons proper, but the tendancy to mess with religion has a lot of people convinced otherwise."

Old 04-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #126
the_matrix_walker

Peter sits uneasily in his seat. His thoughts racing, half in a panic that he might have made a terrible mistake trusting Rider...

"How far is it to Boston?"
Old 04-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #127
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Hysop: it's about 2 hours, maybe a little more.

The roads are bad, but the car seems made for them: they certainly aren't going freeway speeds, but they are going quite fast for a bumpy mostly dirty road.

Rider seems to have noticed Peter's reaction:

"Are you really going to believe the official garbage about what we do? Some of us do that: the stupid ones who don't get that everything has changed. "

Old 04-27-2014, 06:07 PM   #128
the_matrix_walker

'I'm not sure what to believe... This is all pretty crazy. You haven't done anyone any harm as far as I know, but you can't blame me for being a little nervous about our arrangement with what people say. I'm totally not saying you are, but for all I know you could be just gathering your strength until you are powerful enough to take me over completely. Wouldn't I have to be kind of dumb not to be at all concerned about the possibility?'
Old 04-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #129
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "Yes, I could be lying about my inability to posses you without your complete and total permission. I could be trying to usurp your life so I can live my own. And yet here we are. I suppose it all depends on how much we trust each other, and how much you trust these new 'friends' of yours. And how much you trust paranoia as a way of making decisions."

Old 04-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #130
the_matrix_walker

Peter tries to keep his thoughts to himself for a while, if that's even possible, disquieted by Rider's adversarial response... He could just be being defensive, or he could be trying to cow Peter into continued acquiescence.

Tags
lost in dreams