Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-14-2014, 08:19 AM   #21
gilbertocarlos

Default Re: Stuck between a rock and some other kind of rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrunners_Fire View Post
I'd suggest cooking them first. The group has fire after all, and who knows what kind of infectious stuff they have on/in them.
I assumed that all the fireballs already cooked them.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #22
The Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertocarlos View Post
I assumed that all the fireballs already cooked them.
Unlikely - the result of killing them with a fireball would probably be like one of those "barbecues of death" where an incompetent cook puts the meat over too hot a flame and leaves it charred on the outside and raw in the middle - acceptable in a beefsteak, not so good on less reliable meats.
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #23
RyanW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Unlikely - the result of killing them with a fireball would probably be like one of those "barbecues of death" where an incompetent cook puts the meat over too hot a flame and leaves it charred on the outside and raw in the middle - acceptable in a beefsteak, not so good on less reliable meats.
Remember, goblin should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F before eating. Ideally, you should also take out the viscera and at least rinse the meat off a little.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #24
The Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
Remember, goblin should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F before eating. Ideally, you should also take out the viscera and at least rinse the meat off a little.
Either that or pay the points for Iron Stomach.
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #25
RadSprack

Good news, everyone! We killed the leader with a single hit!

The night started out with us getting into position just inside the doorway with dead goblin bodies and a table barricading the bottom half of the doorway. The two shields were up front with the soldier and his glaive behind them putting down goblins as they approached. The goblin chief's Lt. was winging arrows at our Mage and shield holders through the door all the while. This continued all the way up until the Mage decided to shape the fire he created and run it through the doorway into the goblins. After a couple of seconds in the fire, the goblins decided to hightail it out of there.

The goblin Lt. whacked the Mage a good one when the Mage left the room after the goblins fled and was then smacked down himself by Father McBadass. Queue the Goblin Chief and his two giant sabrecats bounding directly towards the group in a charge. Oh, and there was also a second wave of goblins inbound, and this was a much greater force of them. The cats where in front and they spread out to flank. Luckily for us one side was blocked off by a magical fire and the other side by Father McBadass. The soldier stood the middle ground with the dwarf awaiting the charge from the XL Goblin Chief. The dwarf was on a wait maneuver to tackle the chief at the knees and upend him. The soldier was on a wait maneuver to interrupt the chief's charge with his glaive. The chief initiated the soldier's wait maneuver and got stuck completely through the torso. The next round, Goblin Chief failed his health roll and all the goblins and friends were pretty much done with trying to kill us and couldn't get away from us fast enough. Oh and one of the cats got its skull caved in.

I honestly expected much worse. I expected the leader to show up much later. I expected more of a fight out of a higher point cost character than any single character in the party. I guess this just goes to show how unexpected the results can be in GURPS and that no matter how ridiculous you make your character, points wise, all it may take is a good roll to hit and a bad roll to stay conscious and you're no longer living.
RadSprack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:14 AM   #26
pfharlock

It's like one of those geico commercials. (Said in deep serious voice). "When you're a giant goblin leader, you chase after delvers, when you chase after delvers, you get stabbed through the chest, when you get stabbed in the chest, you fall unconscious, when you fall unconscious you get unceremoniously beheaded. Don't get unceremoniously beheaded, get geico..."
pfharlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:49 AM   #27
Barghaest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfharlock View Post
It's like one of those geico commercials. (Said in deep serious voice). "When you're a giant goblin leader, you chase after delvers, when you chase after delvers, you get stabbed through the chest, when you get stabbed in the chest, you fall unconscious, when you fall unconscious you get unceremoniously beheaded. Don't get unceremoniously beheaded, get geico..."
That's a satellite vs cable commercial (DirectTV, I believe), not a Geico one.
Barghaest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeons, gurps 4e, help me out here