Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
tremorlaine

Default Malign mirror

If I am Cursed with Malign Mirror (your next fight condition) and then during my next fight someone used a Transferal Potion does that satisfy the conditions of Malign Mirror.

On one side I was in a fight. On the other side the fight was transferred to someone else and since I am allowed to loot the room that would indicate there was never a fight for me to begin with.
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Enzzo

Default Re: Malign mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremorlaine View Post
On the other side the fight was transferred to someone else and since I am allowed to loot the room that would indicate there was never a fight for me to begin with.
That's how I would play it. The fight is transferred, so it's just like you were never in it. You're stuck with the curse still. Of course this is just my opinion, and I am not an official rules arbiter. :)

Last edited by Enzzo; 10-07-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: qualifying
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Clipper

Actually, given that you still receive Treasure for monsters you automatically defeated, I'd say the opposite. You were in the fight, however briefly, so you have satisfied the conditions for Curse! Malign Mirror. The fact that your combat didn't end in a victory or defeat does not change the fact that you were in a fight.

I'd say the best thing to do here is to discard the Curse when the transferred combat ends (which is the same time you would gain the treasure if you had defeated anything).
Old 10-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
Nipaah

I agree with Clipper here, and would do the same with the change sex confusion of -5 too.
Nipaah is offline   Reply With Quote