Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #181
Acolyte

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

Heb Rhoneniel listens to his compatriots and returns the phone to his ear. "Erian, my new allies and I will most likely take you up on that invitation. Where is a place outside of Los Angeles proper where we can meet you? We might be coming by 'beater', whatever that means, or by boat if Jim Davies is available."

It is clear from Heb Rhoneniel's body language that he is eager to get going, but his voice does not speed up or reveal any impatience.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:51 AM   #182
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Rudy waits patiently for her friend's response as the air hangs still for a moment. She can feel Soma's sympathy and uncertainty nearby, but keeps the focus of her caring on Penny for now. Like any true Wheel, she's not easily distracted from a route she's chosen ... and she'll go with Penny to Heaven itself, if necessary, to help the worried Creation angel.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"

Last edited by Rocket Man; 10-29-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:16 PM   #183
rknop

Soma and Rudy

Penny sighs, and says, "I don't know if it would do any good for you to come to talk to the Committee with me. I'm sort of afraid to go talk to them myself... like so many Creationers, my relationship with Eli was personal, individual, you know? So, I guess I'm kind of afraid of any kind of impersonal authority figure. But, from what I hear, they're really suspicious of any outsiders, even angels of Flowers nowadays."

She shrugs. "No, I think all I can do is keep the faith, right?"

A wan smile tries to cross her face; despite the heroic effort, you can see that it doesn't entirely succeed. "I mean, it's not like I'm one of the Grigori or something, completely and totally and explicitly Outcast, right?"

Her brow furrows, and she says, "or am I reading this wrong? I mean, if Eli can't do this Redemption you want done, surely Novalis can. Or is it not just idle wondering that leads you to ask about him? Do you want to talk to the Committee, and are you hoping I'll help get you to them?"
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #184
rknop

Heb Rhoneniel, Baz, and Naomi

Erian says to Heb Rhoniniel over the phone, "If you don't want to drive into or through LA, and you've got a boat, just meet me at the docks at Avalon on Catalina Island. If you're driving... well, I suppose you could divert over at Bakersfield and cut down the 15, and then make your way over to Huntington Beach or something... how do you want to do it?"
Old 12-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #185
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post
Soma and Rudy

Penny sighs, and says, "I don't know if it would do any good for you to come to talk to the Committee with me. I'm sort of afraid to go talk to them myself... like so many Creationers, my relationship with Eli was personal, individual, you know? So, I guess I'm kind of afraid of any kind of impersonal authority figure. But, from what I hear, they're really suspicious of any outsiders, even angels of Flowers nowadays."

She shrugs. "No, I think all I can do is keep the faith, right?"

A wan smile tries to cross her face; despite the heroic effort, you can see that it doesn't entirely succeed. "I mean, it's not like I'm one of the Grigori or something, completely and totally and explicitly Outcast, right?"

Her brow furrows, and she says, "or am I reading this wrong? I mean, if Eli can't do this Redemption you want done, surely Novalis can. Or is it not just idle wondering that leads you to ask about him? Do you want to talk to the Committee, and are you hoping I'll help get you to them?"
Rudy looks deep into her friend's eyes, her own filled with warmth and concern.

"I didn't come here for the Committee," she says, one hand rubbing idly across the side of her own work pants. "I came here because I was worried. About Eli, about my friend ... heck, maybe I was even a little worried about you and didn't know it yet."

She gives a sigh of her own, rolls her shoulders a moment. "Guess I had reason, huh?" she asks Penny wryly.

Her fingers interlace, begin flexing idly -- tight, loose, tight, loose. "Maybe you're right," she admits. "Maybe I should just go to the Lady. But he would have fit so well ... and besides, I've never been good at letting things sit. I see something wrong; I want to go help."

She paces for a moment, her ever-restless action now translating to her legs. Finally, she stops. "I guess that's it," Rudy says. "I want to go help. I didn't come looking for the Committee -- but if going to them could help you or help them or help Eli, then that's what I want to do."

Her grin reappears, grows lopsided. "And now's your chance to tell me I'm being nosy and pushy and that it's time for me to buzz off," she says, a teasing tone in her voice. "You'll still be my friend if you do. But friends help friends ... and I want to help you."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:40 AM   #186
Acolyte

"If you will hold on again, Erian? Thank you." Heb Rhoneniel holds out the phone far away from himself again, clumsily covering the receiver. "We can meet him either at 'Huntington Beach' if we go by car or Avalon on Catalina Island if we go by boat. While I am not sure if we can borrow Jim Davie's boat, I think it likely. Which mode of travel do you think would be best?"
Old 12-22-2009, 09:08 AM   #187
ladyarcana55

At this point Soma will discreetly resonate on Penny. It may help to see what's what.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #188
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post

"If you will hold on again, Erian? Thank you." Heb Rhoneniel holds out the phone far away from himself again, clumsily covering the receiver. "We can meet him either at 'Huntington Beach' if we go by car or Avalon on Catalina Island if we go by boat. While I am not sure if we can borrow Jim Davie's boat, I think it likely. Which mode of travel do you think would be best?"
"A boat might be faster, so long as it's not one of those sailing jobs; traffic on the north South corridor can get pretty dreadful sometimes. Why don't we call your freind Jim and see if he can give us a lift."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:01 PM   #189
Andygal

Naomi smiles, "Either way is fine with me."
Old 12-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #190
rknop

Soma and Rudy

Penny does manage a smile this time, and chuckles a little. "Always in motion, we Wheels are, and Rudy, you really show that! I guess I needed a prod to get myself moving in the direction I needed to go. I'll go with you to talk to the Committee. I've resisted checking in with them for a long time, because it's almost like... well, it's almost like admitting that I won't see Eli again, at least any time soon. But we do have to carry on, don't we?"

"They're up in Heaven, of course. I could go any time-- well, I should probably warn my friends here that I'm going to disappear for a bit, but I don't have anything big on my calendar. How about you two?"

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp