Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #61
b-dog

Default Re: The 2013 e23 Releases and Speculation Thread

I just want to say I am not saying that a book like Hellsgate should just slap on a DF label. I think that ic the book were made for DF there would be tons more stats for monsters, traps, buildings and so on. Maybe even ways to challege a DF group as well.

GURPS Worminghall is one of my favorite GURPS books for using with DF. I like to have my town seems somewhat realistic to constrast with the over the top dungeon delving. I would have loved to have had cost lists for healing in churches, bargaining with wizards for magic items and also trading posts for other items. Also stats for the NPCs of Worminghall would have been useful.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #62
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
GURPS Worminghall is one of my favorite GURPS books for using with DF. I like to have my town seems somewhat realistic to constrast with the over the top dungeon delving. I would have loved to have had cost lists for healing in churches, bargaining with wizards for magic items and also trading posts for other items. Also stats for the NPCs of Worminghall would have been useful.
Churches in Worminghall don't offer healing. If you want conventional care, you go to the Hospital of the Franciscan Sisters. If you want magical healing, you seek out a mage, perhaps in the Element of Water.

Of course you're free to change that. But Worminghall as designed assumes magic is new and rare.

Bill Stoddard
Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #63
b-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
Churches in Worminghall don't offer healing. If you want conventional care, you go to the Hospital of the Franciscan Sisters. If you want magical healing, you seek out a mage, perhaps in the Element of Water.

Of course you're free to change that. But Worminghall as designed assumes magic is new and rare.

Bill Stoddard
Sorry to say but I have changed some things in Worminghall. In DF there is cleical magic and so priests handle healing magic. But I do use a lot of the background stuff. I just feel that it is an interesting town and base for adventures. It seems medieval and that adds to the background I like.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #64
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
Sorry to say but I have changed some things in Worminghall. In DF there is cleical magic and so priests handle healing magic. But I do use a lot of the background stuff. I just feel that it is an interesting town and base for adventures. It seems medieval and that adds to the background I like.
By all means change it. You're the GM! It's supposed to be a springboard and not a railroad.

My four credited playtesters were a huge help in getting the medieval stuff right. I had read a variety of books from my local university library, but they knew things I didn't. With their help I think I can say that this is an exceptionally authentic treatment of the subject.

Bill Stoddard
Old 01-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #65
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
I'm afraid that you are a bit biased toward DF. Not a bad thing, but it does color your judgement.
That is my fear as well.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #66
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

The discussion of magic systems is off-topic and needs to end. Take it to the GURPS forum if you want to continue.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 01-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #67
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
The discussion of magic systems is off-topic and needs to end. Take it to the GURPS forum if you want to continue.
Because it seemed to be an interesting topic, I've taken the liberty of moving the relevant posts into their own thread. Please continue the discussion here:

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=102857

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #68
ULFGARD

Okay, so... I know it isn't 'till tomorrow, but... Does anyone else hope that the month-long dry spell in GURPS releases will end?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #69
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULFGARD View Post
Okay, so... I know it isn't 'till tomorrow, but... Does anyone else hope that the month-long dry spell in GURPS releases will end?
By tradition, it should be Pyramid, but that may not be the kind of GURPS material you're talking about.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #70
ULFGARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
By tradition, it should be Pyramid, but that may not be the kind of GURPS material you're talking about.
That's fine, though I thought it was 4th week? I subscribe to Pyramid, so it's not going to mean added $$$s for SJGames. And they are effectively like supplements -- unfocused compared to a regular supplement, but with lots of great (specialized) material for various applications (campaigns, rules, etc.).

(I should say, for the record, that I subscribed when I found that almost every issue had at least one article worth the price of admission. And I find myself going back to them for other tidbits. Meanwhile, I really enjoy Steven Marsh's Random Thought Table articles. I started subscribing when I realized that I was buying about 2/3 of them anyway and had gone back to buy several I thought that I would "never use.")

In any event, I'm keen for new content. Not that I don't use what I have, of course...

Tags
2013, e23, speculation