Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Pyramid

Old 07-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #41
griffin

Default Re: Stuff I'd like to see in Pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin
Here are some things I'd like to see in Pyramid:

Adventures: GURPS Adventures I'd like to see: ... I'd like to also see GURPS Space adventures using a setting from GURPS Space Atlas IV.
Getting more specific on Space Atlas IV adventures I'd like to see.

Chelsea (Brittania III): I'd like to see an adventure or two set on Chelsea. The Institute for Mental Evolution, anti-parahuman protestors, the multistellar corp Biotech Orion, the proximity to the Phoenix Domain, and a number of other interesting factors make this one a natural setting for ultra-tech adventure.

Colossus (Tangerine II): The water-world setting with the water-breathing Medusans could make for some interesting adventures.

Medusa (Lilith II): See reasoning on Colossus. Medusa is the main world for the water-breathing parahuman Medusans.

Moonjam (Kaiwaith II): Fun adventuring due to the exotic setting and free-wheeling criminal underworld. Being able to ride a Slorsh (biped carnivorous riding lizards) is reason enough to want place an adventure in this setting. Then there's the existence of the Dark Lightning pirate brotherhood. Space pirates, crimelords, and pseudo-dino riding - what more can you want in an adventure!

Rhad (Graylight II): Whisper Wolf hunting!
griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:55 AM   #42
Peter V. Dell'Orto
Fightin' Round the World

Quote:
Such as? I think I agree, but I can't for the life of me think what this should be.
Monsters, magical items, templates, rival NPC parties all statted out, more monsters, traps, very short adventures, that sort of thing.
My S&C Blog
My Dungeon Fantasy Game Blog
"You fall onto five death checks." - Andy Dokachev
Peter V. Dell'Orto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #43
griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadkiller_Dog
Monsters, magical items, templates, rival NPC parties all statted out, more monsters, traps, very short adventures, that sort of thing.
OK, given that as your list for additional DF support, I mostly agree.
  • Monsters - Add more monsters beyond what's already provided
  • Traps - yeah, this would be nice
  • Adventures - I'd rather see full blown ones, but since this is DF, short ones would be fine. The longer ones are more appropriate to regular fantasy adventures.
  • Rival NPC parties. I'm definitely interested in this. I'd love to see it done as multiple Supporting Casts with links to the different characters.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #44
Brass Bricks

I'd like to see more crunch.

More vehicles, more weapons, more gear, more armor, more variants, more Low Tech, more Ultra Tech. Mecha. Tanks. Airplanes. Blimps. Updated armor tables.

If it has actual stats, I'll probably like it.

More historical stuff. I know they were never GURPS top-sellers, but the world sourcebooks were really great. I'd like to see things along those lines.

Andrew Benton

https://sites.google.com/site/csbbonline/
Brass Bricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:01 AM   #45
Crakkerjakk
"Gimme 18 minutes . . ."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Bricks
More historical stuff. I know they were never GURPS top-sellers, but the world sourcebooks were really great. I'd like to see things along those lines.

I still wish there had been a GURPS India. I've picked up most of the other historical ones. Vikings, China, Japan, Greece, Rome, Egypt, Aztecs, Faerie for the folk tales, and I'm trying to find a hard copy of Celtic Myth.

Semper Fi
Crakkerjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #46
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakkerjakk
...and I'm trying to find a hard copy of Celtic Myth.
Amazon has several used listings for it, and I see a few online game retailers with copies (the prices are usually higher a tthe latter, though).
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:47 AM   #47
griffin

Quote:
Here are some things I'd like to see in Pyramid:
OK, I'll turn my attention to Board Game material I'd like to see in Pyramid:

A strategy article for Knightmare Chess would be nice.

Protean Knightmare Chess - mixing Proteus, regular chess (the back row pieces stay the same) and Knightmare Chess.

There was a variant article for Knightmare chess run a while ago.

A variant on Kill Dr. Lucky, especially now that there is a really nice version of the game available. Pyramid ran such a variant once before quite a while ago. It was Make Dr. Lucky Fall Down. I'd prefer a more traditional variant on the regular rules.

Risk variants.

Stratego variants.

Last edited by griffin; 08-16-2008 at 06:02 AM. Reason: add link for Knightmare chess variant
Old 08-16-2008, 05:59 AM   #48
griffin

OK, now on to card game coverage I'd like to see in Pyramid:

A Munchkin strategy article, mainly using the main Munchkin possibly with Demented Dungeons expansion also discussed.

I'm not sure what other card games would qualify for variant or strategy articles. They need to be fairly popular to make sense to run a Pyramid article about them. Lunch Money might be a candidate. Magic certainly would apply.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:55 AM   #49
griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadkiller_Dog
Do you mean NPCs, or critters?

I could easily write critters, I have dozens statted for 4e for my games, but it might run across problems as they are heavily based on earlier 3e books and just converted and slightly changed. I don't know how kosher that is, so I haven't even attempted it.

I mean, would SJG really want me to sell my own version of Wraiths, slightly changed from Undead 3e, back to them? Probably not.
Actually, I'd think the answer would be yes for the conversions. I don't think it would be mainly for Pyramid though. I definitely could see it for e23 PDFs though. Isn't that on the Wishlist? I think they gave up on doing the big book of beasts.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:33 AM   #50
griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Bricks
I'd like to see more crunch.

More vehicles, more weapons, more gear, more armor, more variants, more Low Tech, more Ultra Tech. Mecha. Tanks. Airplanes. Blimps. Updated armor tables.

If it has actual stats, I'll probably like it.

I wonder if they'll be allowed to run some Heavy Gear translations in Pyramid once HG update is released in PDF on e23.

I'd like to see some super vehicles done - generic stuff similar to the Batmobile, Ghostrider's motorcycle, X-men or Fantastic Four's jets.

It would be cool to get some coverage for GURPS 4e on power armor.

Historical stuff I'm not terribly interested in.