Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 12-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
ISNorden

Default Suggestion for Superiors 4 (if plans aren't already made)

With Jordi, Novalis, Jean and Marc on the back burner at SJG...why not release those four Archangels in one book called "Nature and Culture"? (Jean's word of Lightning covers both literal storms and technological discovery, so he'd be the bridge between the title concepts.)
Old 12-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Suggestion for Superiors 4 (if plans aren't already made)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
With Jordi, Novalis, Jean and Marc on the back burner at SJG...why not release those four Archangels in one book called "Nature and Culture"? (Jean's word of Lightning covers both literal storms and technological discovery, so he'd be the bridge between the title concepts.)
There actually already is a Superiors 4 -- it's another infernal collection, though it's not been PDF'd yet. This one featured Secrets, Greed, Technology, Drugs, and Theft. After that, everything was done in single-shot PDFs, rather than full-scale books.

I believe the original plan, before the direction of the line changed, was to do eight books on the current Superiors (alternating between Heaven and Hell) and then two more on those who had vanished or been destroyed. Obviously, that scheme is now as dead as the Bone Citidel, but with the single-shots, I think we're up to the equivalent of five volumes.

Hopefully, there's more to come! I think many of us have ideas we'd like to see become reality, no?

EDIT: Also, to date, I've only heard of Marc being in the pipeline, or anywhere close to it. The other three are in the category of "We'd like to do them, but they've not been done" -- ie, unwritten and currently without a prospective author.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
ISNorden

Darn...I lost track of the numbering! *blush* If those Archangels do get their own combined book, though, does the title sound OK to everyone?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
I believe the original plan, before the direction of the line changed, was to do eight books on the current Superiors (alternating between Heaven and Hell) and then two more on those who had vanished or been destroyed. Obviously, that scheme is now as dead as the Bone Citidel, but with the single-shots, I think we're up to the equivalent of five volumes.
There's a thread about this somewhere in the forums, but I don't have time to look for it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Hopefully, there's more to come! I think many of us have ideas we'd like to see become reality, no?

EDIT: Also, to date, I've only heard of Marc being in the pipeline, or anywhere close to it. The other three are in the category of "We'd like to do them, but they've not been done" -- ie, unwritten and currently without a prospective author.
I believe Archangel Beth might want R. Sean Borgstrom to write the Jordi book, based on her unofficial writeup here... but I'm not completely sure of that.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

I'd love to have her do Jordi, yes. I don't know if she's able to, what with Nobilis and the like as her current project. (Not to mention Hitherby Dragons -- http://www.hitherby.com/ )

Tags
archangels, in nomine, meta, product suggestion, superiors