Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-02-2017, 04:03 AM   #4241
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"I have a better idea."

She pulls him close and gives him a deep, passionate kiss. She runs her fingers along his shoulder and strokes his cheek before pushing him away. She gives him a teasing smile and runs off laughing.

Sunae runs to a group of girls who welcome her with squeals of excitement as they hug. Then they start to dance to the music. She only until sun up tonight so Sunae enjoys it while she can. She loses herself to the music and indulges in her short period of freedom. At this moment she is a different person. Call her what you like, but right now she is no Soldier. Right now she is a young woman enjoying a party with her friends.

At least, until that phone rings.
It was hard to focus for a bit there. Divichiy, the word itself, did not mean 'focus' but it was an attempt at mental saltpeter with what it did mean, roughly "virgin".

It hadn't quite worked. He stood there apparently stunned for just a second, cooling down. Corat reached for his arm to pull him away from the stage, but Ryuki waved him away. He was being watched, and he was betting it was his Judgement supervisor who didn't need to see him being rescued at this point. "I'll catch up with you guys," he says to the group, not even making eye contact.

"That's okay; we can wait here." Corat was offering to stay put? Apparently he didn't trust Judge much.

Ryuki walked over to the friendly nerd, stood next to him, and said, "I'm working here." It was an echo of another event that had thoroughly upended his life, but unless this was the archangel themself he wouldn't catch the reference. the reference

"I know." It was Briathos' other vessels voice, down a slight pitch but the casual lilt was hard to miss. "That was cruel of her, don't you think?"

He hated trick questions, and he'd never been a snitch. "Sure, but it was fair. Are you checking up on me?" Keeping his language neutral, on the off chance he was wrong about who he was speaking to.

"Supervising." He did an Elohite's impression of pearl-clutching. "Offering assistance..."

"We probably don't need it." He stepped away, just a little bit. "Don't interfere."

Briathos' hand on his bicep would clearly not be waved away. It felt like a steel trap. "I will do what I need to do."

If Ryuki was intimidated, he did not show it. He gave a vexed look, slightly theatrical, to the party and then turned to face Briathos. "That is the problem."
Old 07-08-2017, 10:14 PM   #4242
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"I know." It was Briathos' other vessels voice, down a slight pitch but the casual lilt was hard to miss. "That was cruel of her, don't you think?"

He hated trick questions, and he'd never been a snitch. "Sure, but it was fair. Are you checking up on me?" Keeping his language neutral, on the off chance he was wrong about who he was speaking to.

"Supervising." He did an Elohite's impression of pearl-clutching. "Offering assistance..."

"We probably don't need it." He stepped away, just a little bit. "Don't interfere."

Briathos' hand on his bicep would clearly not be waved away. It felt like a steel trap. "I will do what I need to do."

If Ryuki was intimidated, he did not show it. He gave a vexed look, slightly theatrical, to the party and then turned to face Briathos. "That is the problem."
Mitch breaks free of the crowd and slides over to join them. He looks down at Briathos's hand on Ryuki's arm and raises an eyebrow "Is there a problem? What exactly did you come here to do?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:19 PM   #4243
chumley1013

Before she entered, Cameron changed into a Deadmau5 basketball jersey and skinny jeans, trading her boots for bright purple Converse All-Star Hi-tops. She has half-assed smoothed her hair down on one side. The other looks to be shaved pretty close to the skin. The tribal tattoo that could be spotted on the left side of her neck turned out to travel down her left arm as well. (Whether it does down anymore is anyone's guess.)

She takes Corat's arm as they enter, looking around at the mood and the people of the gathering. She realizes that whoever the DJ is is just terrible. Her hand caresses her go-bag, which also happens to house a pretty extensive music collection by means of one of two laptops she has in there.

She gently breaks from Corat after a few moments, heading outdoors to have a cigarette and get a drink. She orders a Red Bull and Cucumber vodka, sipping it very slowly. She savors both that and her cigarette before someone does a double-take in her direction, then rushes over, grinning like an idiot.

"Wetwired, is that you?" A very scrawny man with dark skin and neon green dreadlocks asks. "Holy s**t! What are you doing here?"

"Here with some friends, Wrench." She smiles. "That's all."

"My buddy is one of the planners for the event. Pretty cool, huh?"

She looks around before dropping her voice. "Who did they hire to spin? Their sense of tempo is terrible."

"Raph's little brother Lucio." Wrench looked down. "Good kid who's filling in for the guy they'd hired, who flaked."

"Good kid who isn't filling the floor inside." She took another sip of her drink.

"Is that a challenge?" Wrench smirks. "You got anything in that magic bag of yours?"

"Maybe, and yes." She smiles. "Give me a half hour and if I can't get them moving, Lucio can go back to what he's doing."

Wrench grins, pulling out his phone and his thumbs flying, sending texts to someone. "Fair. Maybe you can teach the kid a thing or two." A few seconds later, he gets a response. "Lemme take you over to the booth and get you jacked in. Then you're up, okay?"

"Okay." She finishes her drink and follows Wrench back inside, past Corat, Ryuki and the others. Wrench leads her up to the stage where a young teenager looks slightly overwhelmed as he keeps fiddling with knobs and the mixerboard.

"Loc, this is Wetwired. She's gonna take over for a bit." Wrench gestures to Cameron. "You look like you could use a break, ese."

Lucio nods as Cameron takes off her bag and retrieves a laptop out of it, along with whatever cords she needs. She plugs it in, powers it up and Wrench starts helping her plug into the sound system. She's ready to go as soon as Lucio's song ends.

Wrench grabs the mic and looks toward the crowd. "What's up, party people! We got a special surprise for you tonight! One of the best underground DJ's in LA has dropped in to kick some beats on the Ones and Twos! Give it up for DJ WETWIRED!"

Cameron puts on her headphones and hits a key on the laptop. Soon, a familiar song from Ghost in the Shell begins, slow, but powerful.

And then the beat drops. Cameron just grins, happy to see her new friends trying to figure out what the hell just happened.

NOTE: The song she's playing is Utai IV: Reawakening (Steve Aoki Remix) by Kenji Kawai.

Last edited by chumley1013; 07-14-2017 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Requested by GM.
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:01 AM   #4244
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch breaks free of the crowd and slides over to join them. He looks down at Briathos's hand on Ryuki's arm and raises an eyebrow "Is there a problem? What exactly did you come here to do?"
"To supervise," he said, leaving out things more explicit in case they were overheard. "To supervise someone who's very much known for going his own way."

Ryuki deflects. "You know, you really have to stop grabbing me by the arm like some kind of child. It makes you easy to identify." once before With his lusts retreating, Ryuki finds that sanguine energy flowing to other things: pride, dignity, analysis, curiosity, strategy, nostalgia. He missed the German seraph again, so straightforward, so willingly trained that he managed to mold Ryuki's behavior without much trying. It fit like a warm blanket. This seraph, though, had dug into the mean streets, made war through commerce and positioned himself to make peace when the firing stopped. He respected that even as he understood it.

This new guy, however...his virtues right now were of the church lady variety, whatever his cool-high-school-teacher demeanor. He paused a bit more to see what the wise city seraph would say to such a thing. Always good to know what people thought of you, especially someone dedicated to truth but not to putting all cards on the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
Be
Cameron puts on her headphones and hits a key on the laptop. Soon, a familiar song from Ghost in the Shell begins, slow, but powerful.

And then the beat drops. Cameron just grins, happy to see her new friends trying to figure out what the hell just happened.

NOTE: The song she's playing is Utai IV: Reawakening (Steve Aoki Remix) by Kenji Kawai.
Ryuki moves to the beat just slightly, warming to the music, acting as though it was part of his plan all along.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:56 PM   #4245
Puck

Quote:
"To supervise," he said, leaving out things more explicit in case they were overheard. "To supervise someone who's very much known for going his own way."

Ryuki deflects. "You know, you really have to stop grabbing me by the arm like some kind of child. It makes you easy to identify." once before With his lusts retreating, Ryuki finds that sanguine energy flowing to other things: pride, dignity, analysis, curiosity, strategy, nostalgia. He missed the German seraph again, so straightforward, so willingly trained that he managed to mold Ryuki's behavior without much trying. It fit like a warm blanket. This seraph, though, had dug into the mean streets, made war through commerce and positioned himself to make peace when the firing stopped. He respected that even as he understood it.

This new guy, however...his virtues right now were of the church lady variety, whatever his cool-high-school-teacher demeanor. He paused a bit more to see what the wise city seraph would say to such a thing. Always good to know what people thought of you, especially someone dedicated to truth but not to putting all cards on the table.

Ryuki moves to the beat just slightly, warming to the music, acting as though it was part of his plan all along.
Mitch glances around at the crowd before nodding at Briathos "Keeping an eye on people can be challenging. Especially when they are determined to wander off. Can you point out your current...challenge?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:20 PM   #4246
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch glances around at the crowd before nodding at Briathos "Keeping an eye on people can be challenging. Especially when they are determined to wander off. Can you point out your current...challenge?"
Briathos, with just a hint of exasperation, points at Ryuki.

Ryuki nods in agreement. "Let me go."

Corat wanted to interfere, but didn't. Part of it was a desire to stay off Judgement's radar, and part of him told him that Ryuki would have to get used to their maddening micromanagement now or later.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 07-19-2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: pointing out one reason why Dominic's angels are the least popular on the block
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #4247
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Briathos, with just a hint of exasperation, points at Ryuki.

Ryuki nods in agreement. "Let me go."

Corat wanted to interfere, but didn't. Part of it was a desire to stay off Judgement's radar, and part of him told him that Ryuki would have to get used to their maddening micromanagement now or later.
The trouble with seeing the whole world at a glance was the inability to readily convey this to your companions. For a second Ryuki wished for telepathy but then reigned that thought in, needing the bandwidth to get out of this particular leash. Then he remembered: Briathos was a Power. If the sigh wasn't feigned, he had an opening.

Without even bothering to shrug off the arm, he yelled up to Cameron. "Hey DJ! Got anything Nordic?" The hand tightened on his arm, threatening to cut off blood flow. Gotcha. "Like an Immigrant Song remix?" The smile was somewhere between triumph and bared teeth. Briathos just stood there, white-knuckling that arm.

Finding his right hand going a bit numb, Ryuki had to dial his phone with his left. "Hey Sunae. Can you make some noise? Something enticing, not blow-uppy."
Old 07-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #4248
ladyarcana55

When Cameron was introduced, Sunae looked up with surprise. Cameron's opening song was greeted with excitement and delight from the small group of girls on the dance floor.

Sunae was having fun with her friends, and turning more than a few heads in the process. She was so engrossed with her friends that she almost missed Ryuki's call. Good thing her phone is so close to her. Sunae lifted her skirt slightly and pulled the phone from the garter belt holding it to her leg and answered it as she walked away from the music.

Quote:
Finding his right hand going a bit numb, Ryuki had to dial his phone with his left. "Hey Sunae. Can you make some noise? Something enticing, not blow-uppy."
"Enticing? Anata wa dōiu imidesu ka? Watashiitachi ga hanashiita yō ni? Karera wa kare o mitsukemashita ka?"

Translation: What do you mean? Like what we talked about, the distraction? Did they find him?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #4249
chumley1013

Quote:
Without even bothering to shrug off the arm, he yelled up to Cameron. "Hey DJ! Got anything Nordic?" The hand tightened on his arm, threatening to cut off blood flow. Gotcha. "Like an Immigrant Song remix?" The smile was somewhere between triumph and bared teeth. Briathos just stood there, white-knuckling that arm.
Cameron was nearly at the end of the song when the request was shouted. She quickly searched the contents of her music collection and booted up the song.

Author's Note: Think this will do?
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #4250
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
When Cameron was introduced, Sunae looked up with surprise. Cameron's opening song was greeted with excitement and delight from the small group of girls on the dance floor.

Sunae was having fun with her friends, and turning more than a few heads in the process. She was so engrossed with her friends that she almost missed Ryuki's call. Good thing her phone is so close to her. Sunae lifted her skirt slightly and pulled the phone from the garter belt holding it to her leg and answered it as she walked away from the music.

"Enticing? Anata wa dōiu imidesu ka? Watashiitachi ga hanashiita yō ni? Karera wa kare o mitsukemashita ka?"

Translation: What do you mean? Like what we talked about, the distraction? Did they find him?
He doesn't bother to hide behind language. "Bring him here," although she might hear his phone being rough-handled on that last word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
Cameron was nearly at the end of the song when the request was shouted. She quickly searched the contents of her music collection and booted up the song.

Author's Note: Think this will do?
Glen knows that look--it's pure shark. Ryuki gives Cameraon a thumbs-up with his free hand and lets his head start to bob with the rhythm. "Glen, you might want to put some oomph into that summons."

The crowd, already whipped up by something with a sick beat, sings along with the handful of lines that everybody knows. "Valhalla, I am coming"

Briathos is all chilly Elohite, until our own Warrior approaches him. "You'll be feeling fear pretty soon," Corat says with an even tone. "Best not to be in its way." This earns him a look of stern reproach and he instantly regrets getting tough with a Judge, but the words are said.

"You haven't changed a bit." Threat for threat, but he releases Ryuki's arm.

Tags
in nomine