Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-22-2015, 03:27 AM   #3781
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae is awake, she woke up an hour or so ago. While she was asleep, she was back in the Marches, at Gabriel's volcano. While she was there, she had received a message from Grandfather. It had addressed two pressing issues, but his responses to them disturbed her. When Ryuki looks over, Sunae is deep in thought. She has her eyes closed, but he can tell she's awake. As he watches, a tear falls down her cheek.
((that edit really pulls at the heartstrings))

Sunae would hear the call button, though in a cabin as small as business class it could have been anyone. A flight attendant comes by, and she feels Ryuki reach over her to receive something. Glen, his eyes open, would catch the actual transaction He got some tissues, asking for them with lip reading and gestures. Once the flight attendant is gone Ryuki speaks softly to Sunae.

"Are you okay? Anything I can help with?"
Old 12-22-2015, 06:16 AM   #3782
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
((that edit really pulls at the heartstrings))

Sunae would hear the call button, though in a cabin as small as business class it could have been anyone. A flight attendant comes by, and she feels Ryuki reach over her to receive something. Glen, his eyes open, would catch the actual transaction He got some tissues, asking for them with lip reading and gestures. Once the flight attendant is gone Ryuki speaks softly to Sunae.

"Are you okay? Anything I can help with?"
"Oh! No, no, it's okay."

She says as she sighs. There is a brief pause as she wipes her eyes.

"I had fallen asleep earlier. I got a message from Grandfather. I am not too happy with it."

She looks around and lowers her voice

"How freely may we speak?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:06 PM   #3783
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Oh! No, no, it's okay."

She says as she sighs. There is a brief pause as she wipes her eyes.

"I had fallen asleep earlier. I got a message from Grandfather. I am not too happy with it."

She looks around and lowers her voice

"How freely may we speak?"
He waggles his hand--so-so. "A plane full or normals inclined to mind their own business? We're writing a screenplay. I don't think anyone will steal our material." Damn, he lies quickly.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #3784
ladyarcana55

Quote:
He waggles his hand--so-so. "A plane full or normals inclined to mind their own business? We're writing a screenplay. I don't think anyone will steal our material." Damn, he lies quickly.
"Grandfather spoke to the ghost. Apparently she was sent by Odin and Grandfather suspects that we must be more successful then was originally thought for him to take action. It will be interesting to see how Grandfather addresses this. Perhaps he will challenge Odin?"

Ryuki gets the impression that this is not what is weighing heavily on her mind.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:16 AM   #3785
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Grandfather spoke to the ghost. Apparently she was sent by Odin and Grandfather suspects that we must be more successful then was originally thought for him to take action. It will be interesting to see how Grandfather addresses this. Perhaps he will challenge Odin?"

Ryuki gets the impression that this is not what is weighing heavily on her mind.
((Dalillama, are you RL busy or is Glen just staying the he// out of this?))

He finds this grimly amusing. "No, no. If Odin thought Grandpa Lu was a threat, he'd hit you. He defends you, not the other way around." He shakes his head--he has definite opinions about her grandfather. "No. Odin here is a cat's paw. Your grandfather hit someone powerful enough to command the king of the Viking gods, but someone unwilling to put you in the middle of it."

He reaches for a tissue to offer to her, in part to hide his own expression.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #3786
ladyarcana55

Quote:
He finds this grimly amusing. "No, no. If Odin thought Grandpa Lu was a threat, he'd hit you. He defends you, not the other way around." He shakes his head--he has definite opinions about her grandfather. "No. Odin here is a cat's paw. Your grandfather hit someone powerful enough to command the king of the Viking gods, but someone unwilling to put you in the middle of it."

He reaches for a tissue to offer to her, in part to hide his own expression.
"He does defend me, but there are young ones, youth and babies. I can defend myself, they cannot yet. I know what's going on, they are still learning. They have the priority, as they should. So he actually did worse than attacking me, he attacked them. Even if the novelty of something different did entertain them and provide a lesson for them, it was still an attack. I'm upset about that. If it's an issue with me, attack me. Leave children out of this."

She takes the offered tissue and wipes her eyes as more tears start to fall. She is trying to fight them, but they are obviously winning this battle.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:22 PM   #3787
Dalillama

Glen shakes his head and mutters to himself about lunatics picking fights with gods. The phrase 'Why me?" occurs sometimes as well.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:33 AM   #3788
ladyarcana55

((Posting for tHEhERETIC))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Glen shakes his head and mutters to himself about lunatics picking fights with gods. The phrase 'Why me?" occurs sometimes as well.
Ryuki spares Glen a tiny sneer.

"A lot of help you are."

As for Sunae, the tears clearly make him uncomfortable. There's an inner struggle, and the man who comes out on top is just a little cooler. "I told you; they're not hitting you, they're hitting him. The issue is not with you, because you don't go around making enemies the way he does."

A twist in the stomach, and a twist in the mind that would make a Balseraph's coils green with envy.

"An immortal should not be hiding behind children."

It's a challenge, but not to her, and a deep breath clears it somewhat.

"I thought you said that if I'd been the one who sent the drowned ghost, that he'd respect me for that. But if there are children in the way...?"

He remembers that morning, that utterly terrifying day alone and exposed on the beach, hoping that his wounded bird gambit would be enough to draw soldier-angels away from what really mattered. It was a powerful image, deeply personal, and it kept his mind off her tears.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:39 AM   #3789
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"I told you; they're not hitting you, they're hitting him. The issue is not with you, because you don't go around making enemies the way he does."
She just shrugs

"Don't forget who we're talking about. A tankard of cheap ale and a whore and they'll do just about anything you ask."

Quote:
"An immortal should not be hiding behind children."
"My statement still stands"

Quote:
"I thought you said that if I'd been the one who sent the drowned ghost, that he'd respect me for that. But if there are children in the way...?"
"You're harmless. That makes the difference because we know you would never harm them. However, who else you told about our location would be a huge concern."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 12-24-2015 at 04:47 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:04 AM   #3790
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
She just shrugs

"Don't forget who we're talking about. A tankard of cheap ale and a whore and they'll do just about anything you ask."

"My statement still stands"

"You're harmless. That makes the difference because we know you would never harm them. However, who else you told about our location would be a huge concern."
Cool slides into ice cold. "And now you have overplayed your hand." A game master ((not to be confused with a GM)) chiding a novice before sweeping in for the kill. "'Harmless'. Whoever else I told. You should learn restraint, starting with those tears. Your Grandfather has hurt you far worse and you didn't give him so much." He paused to refine his words and make sure no one planned to interfere. "You realize that--according to your brother anyway--Gabriel told him that he was wrong to throw you out of the family and that he had to make amends for that. 'Amends' apparently being stuffing a hot metal leash into your muscles, not, oh, I dunno," his tone is chilly with just a hint of sarcasm, "admitting he was wrong or that he'd been told." Clearly he hates the man or at least what he's done. "Nope. He gives you pain, and you lap it up because it's the best he's ever done for you. You need to stand up to him and be an adult, but you're too brainwashed to see that. And he, this immortal teleporting thing, hides among children and you plead with me to call off the ghost that haunts him. No. He needs to man up and draw it away from them. If he knows how."

Tags
in nomine