Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #41
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talosian View Post
How are the rest of us so far?

Anything we should be doing/changing/etc.?
I'm looking through them right now. Trying to figure out what all you changed from the template.

You have fifty-five points in disads listed. Your Basic Speed is listed as lowered by .25. Was that an error? Yeah, you're going to have to fix that. But you don't really need Ambidexterity, do you?

You have the quirk-level version of selfish to go along with your selflessness. I don't think you can have both of those.

Last edited by ErhnamDJ; 06-30-2012 at 11:46 PM.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:29 AM   #42
Talosian

The Basic Speed change is listed on the template, and I didn't even think twice about it.

How moronic -_-

(GCS counts attributes separately from Disads, so that's why I didn't notice it.)

Quote:
But you don't really need Ambidexterity, do you?
Hmm. Yes. I certainly didn't seem to plan on stabbing two things at once, right? :P I cut Gizmo, and raised Basic Speed to 6.5. All good.

-

I knew the Quirk would probably come up. I just think of the two very differently. Selflessness is how he would act, but jumping in front of swords and taking one for the team isn't incompatible with a bit of ego and pride (and seeking some recognition and respect FOR being self-sacrificing).

Technically, it's probably not allowed, yes. I'm fine either way (easy to change). Just let me know, and I can change it tomorrow.
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:27 AM   #43
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
I knew the Quirk would probably come up. I just think of the two very differently. Selflessness is how he would act, but jumping in front of swords and taking one for the team isn't incompatible with a bit of ego and pride (and seeking some recognition and respect FOR being self-sacrificing).
Hmm... maybe call it low self-esteem? :)
Old 07-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #44
Talosian

Low Self-Esteem honestly seems more conflicting with Proud to me -_- I have a significant sense of self-worth, and I seek recognition for how very talented I am, but I don't think I'm very talented, and I'm really not that good or important, anyway...

Feh. Anyway, I changed the Quirk.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #45
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Feh. Anyway, I changed the Quirk.
Oh. Oh, I can have fun with this one.

I'm hoping to get the IC thread going either tonight or tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #46
Dorin Thorha

Fixed the issues you mentioned. Basic backstory is that he's a fairly standard Dwarven holy man. He's a basically decent person, but like most Dwarves he's rather proud and prone to launch generations-long vendettas at perceived slights. Also since Dwarves have an unfortunate tendency to dig deeper than is healthy he has a good bit of knowledge about things that would probably be better left unknown.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #47
ErhnamDJ

Dorin, can you explain what those enchantments are? The cost and where they're from?
Old 07-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #48
Poonbahbah

Sorry for not being Dorin but i think i can answer about as well as him.

I believe they're all from 4th Ed. GURPS Magic. Look up the spell, like ignite fire on p M72, and after cost it lists Item where it tells you how to go about enchanting it onto an item. In this case his holy symbol. The cost is based off of Energy to crate the enchantment (100 in ignite fire's case) and DF's rule that enchanted items up to 100 energy are considered quick and dirty with a cost of $1/energy. What they are are enchantments that allow a person with magery to cast those spells with skill equal to the power of the enchantment, see p M19 for more on that. If he could afford to spend the $10,000 it'd take for Power on p M57 then any body would be able to use the spells on it at the 1 energy level. Per RAW I'd be the only one in our group able to use his holy symbol I think. So he may or may not want to change it.

Also is there anything wrong or you would like changed on my charecter? One thing I had noticed is that I had spelt her name in the masculine form and edited so her background makes a little bit more sense.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #49
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post
Per RAW I'd be the only one in our group able to use his holy symbol I think. So he may or may not want to change it.
That's the part that had me confused. I thought he had indicated he could use them, and I was just wondering if there was something somewhere I had missed, like maybe a one use version that anyone could use, or something like that.

Quote:
Also is there anything wrong or you would like changed on my charecter? One thing I had noticed is that I had spelt her name in the masculine form and edited so her background makes a little bit more sense.
I did look at your guy. I just haven't had a chance to go over your equipment yet. Everything else is fine.

You have listed:

Mage's fine quarterstaff, with 10+2 as the cost. What does that mean? Did you get your weight and your cost mixed up or something? It looks to me like it's listed as weighing 70.

Last edited by ErhnamDJ; 07-02-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #50
Talosian

I'd suggest that Michelle should seriously consider picking up some Paut, and/or finding SOMETHING expensive to make her power item.

If nothing else, at least designate the staff as her power item so you can use it for the +1 FP when you need it.

Tags
welcome to hell