Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
Jdtennis83

Default Munchkin Promos

My friend and I have been quickly building our fantasy Munchkin set, and, as true Munchkin addicts, we are quickly snapping up all the boosters and expansions to complete the set. Along with that we would like to acquire as many different promo cards as we can for the little bits of spice they add to the game. I plan to purchase Munchkin 5 and 6 from Warehouse 23 in the near future and I was wondering if I will get more promo items by ordering the items separately rather than together. I know I will have to pay the shipping for two separate orders but I don't mind if it means more cards (like I said, I'm addicted). Any anecdotal or official word on this is appreciated.

Also, how many different promo cards does W23 keep in stock at one time, I believe we got two fantasy Munchkin promos and a Munchkin Booty card along with some bookmarks and coins with the Munchkinomicon booster we picked up a few weeks ago.
Jdtennis83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
Putney

Default Re: Munchkin Promos

Hi there Jdtennis83

Orders from Warehouse 23 sometimes seem to have proportional benefits.
Recently I ordered a large amount of product and got some really cool stuff like a Munchkin level counting die.

Currently there are over 10 Munchkin Cthulhu cards available, along with one for booty (which you seem to have), and one for fu.
Then for the original set Henchmonster, Step and a Half, and Mug the Shopkeeper all in color.
There are also some older promo fantasy cards that are not yet in color, but are still super awesome.
Check it out

MY advice on promos items though is that your friendly local MIB might be able to help.
I you do not know, the MIB are the Steve Jackson Games demo team.
I can tell you that if you have any conventions, or local game store in the area you might be able to track down one of my colleagues,
and get some great swag by doing demos with him/her of other great versions of Munchkin, or another outstanding Steve Jackson game.

I recommend checking out the convention page many of which will have an MIB presence.

Also you could use the store locator to find somewhere in your area that might have an MIB as a store liaison.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.
Putney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Wow, that promo card page is SERIOUSLY out of date. I will be poking the webmaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putney View Post
Then for the original set Henchmonster, Step and a Half, and Mug the Shopkeeper all in color.
Along with Stacked Deck (originally from Rigged Demo), which just became available, and Go Up a Level: Go Up a Level, which is almost the most meta card we've ever done. (It has the Go Up a Level cover as its art, if that makes the joke clearer.)

Not listed in the Cthulhu section are the four promos from last year: updated versions of Research Assistant and Monstrous Heritage and two new cards: Behind Door Number 3 (for Crazed Caverns) and Whim of the Elder Gods (for using Cthulhu Dice . . . ALL your Cthulhu Dice . . . in your Munchkin game . . . ANY Munchkin game).

You also left off the two Munchkin Quest promo cards (Annihilation and 3-D Glasses), plus a third one that should be coming in the next couple of weeks. (Hint: In combination with one other card, it's one of the most FAQqed cards in Munchkin. Munchkin Quest has a game component that makes the card, with a very slight rewording, utterly clear. I'll send a signed copy to the first person who correctly guesses the name of the card in a reply to this note.)

And you ALSO left off the three Munchkin Zombies promo cards, but that's forgivable because we hadn't announced they were coming. But they're here now and should start going out in every W23 order (assuming my instructions are being followed). I can only reveal the title of one: Zombie Santa. (Those of you who have played with Waiting for Santa and Santa's Revenge are forgiven for drooling . . . yes, it absolutely IS a Santa card. An Undead Santa. This will be important later.)

Edited to add: I should also pimp the Exclusive Warehouse 23 Munchkin Booster, since nine of the ten cards it contains are not and will not be available anywhere else. The tenth is a colored Pegasus Steed. Oh, and that "2010" in the cover image at the left? If you were to infer that we might do this again, you might infer correctly.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 02-27-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Putney

Thank you Andrew for the robust supplement of my lacking post.

Would the Promo card for Munchkin quest be the Freudian Slippers By any chance?
Old 02-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
duskblade

Freudian Slippers?
MIB #3721
duskblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
Putney

Is that a guess or question as to what the Freudian Slippers are?
Old 02-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
duskblade

iPod delay sucks.
MIB #3721
Old 02-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
duskblade

It was a guess but the network here is choppy at best.
MIB #3721
Old 02-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #9
locke

isnt there one for Fu as well?
Old 02-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #10
Putney

I did mention that in my post
Specifically your talking a bout the +5 monster enhancer, "Made in Hong Kong", which makes any monster a Hong Kong monster.

Tags
announcement, promo