Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-24-2022, 02:05 PM   #581
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

I mean like a staging area... a waiting room for those preparing to meet with the Emporer. It can't hurt to ask.

Are we hearing an uptick in activity? I would expect with the distractions that the emperor's functionaries are soon to be buzzing around like a hive, and more likely to overlook the unusual pair.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 10:37 AM   #582
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Are we hearing an uptick in activity? I would expect with the distractions that the emperor's functionaries are soon to be buzzing around like a hive, and more likely to overlook the unusual pair.
Listening outside the door, there is actually quite a stir... mostly people running around, not too much speaking... but that's not how the palace was the first time V visited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
What is further down the hall from our destination? Could there be a holding area or some other space we can claim to be heading to before checking in with the emperor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I dunno. I kind of see walking in with a prisoner as a little suspicious, but walking in the the emperor's tomb? Why would there be holding cells there to begin with?
The interrogation temple is near the tomb but separate from it.

Quote:
I mean like a staging area... a waiting room for those preparing to meet with the Emporer. It can't hurt to ask.
Their are a few antechambers off that first hall, yes, and the first hall sort of serves that purpose.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 11:32 AM   #583
the_matrix_walker

Sounds good. So if questioned, we can claim to be headed for a staging area to approach the Emperor when they are ready for the prisoner.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:33 AM   #584
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Sounds good. So if questioned, we can claim to be headed for a staging area to approach the Emperor when they are ready for the prisoner.
Meaning the antechamber or the interrogation room?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-25-2022, 11:38 AM   #585
the_matrix_walker

Sorry, I'm having difficulty visualizing the layout.

The first choice would be the interrogation room if it is down that hall in the direction we need to go, otherwise the anitchamber. It's really not important, whatever takes us (past) where we need to go.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:57 AM   #586
TGLS

Quote:
Sorry, I'm having difficulty visualizing the layout.

The first choice would be the interrogation room if it is down that hall in the direction we need to go, otherwise the anitchamber. It's really not important, whatever takes us (past) where we need to go.
The interrogation temple's a separate building, so you'd be saying the antechamber. Let's roll out. What to roll?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:41 AM   #587
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The Two of them step out into the courtyard, hand truck wobbling.

There is a lot of commotion. Priests with large charts and devices are hurrying around, but so are soldiers carrying pistols, riffles, and body armor, headed various places, but mostly into the smaller tombs. No one questions them as they stride across the busy courtyard... but when they turn into the antechamber, they find its been turned into a small command center. The two individuals at the center of it you recognize: the grand high priest, and the high priest of architecture. They are surrounded by around a dozen lesser priests, and folding chairs and desks have been moved into the room.

Roll Acting.

Old 03-28-2022, 12:49 PM   #588
TGLS

Quote:
[372] 22-03-28 19:41:43 BST
Acting
3d6 <= 15
5 + 5 + 5 = 15 ... success
I do a passable job pretending to be someone I barely know. Though maybe I'd only fool myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
but when they turn into the antechamber, they find its been turned into a small command center. The two individuals at the center of it you recognize: the grand high priest, and the high priest of architecture. They are surrounded by around a dozen lesser priests, and folding chairs and desks have been moved into the room.
Well even if they're going to ignore me, I'm not going to be ignoring them.

"What is this? What's going on here?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 01:48 PM   #589
the_matrix_walker

Acting (Tradecraft)

3d6 <= 14
5 + 4 + 1 = 10 ... success by 4

(( OOC: The antechamber was selected for being further than we needed to go, so we were not supposed to make it that far... if it's not where I anticipated and is actually closer than the stones, there would be no reason to stop and we would continue past it and find a place to get off the hand-truck.))
Old 03-29-2022, 06:00 AM   #590
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The Antechamber is just off to the side of the first hall after you enter the emperor's tomb... its on the way. An (incomplete) diagram

So at what point will you be getting off the hand truck?